➤𝐋𝐗𝐕

【𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄】

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE CRIES OF SEAGULLS ECHOED OVER the continuous sound of metal grinding against metal and heavy mallets thudding against solid wood. The noise of construction had graced the patch of rocky shore where the sea had once met the sand. Now, the sand was buried beneath sandy-coloured bricks that had been laid carefully over a thick slab of grey concrete that formed the outer shell of the port. 

Even with all of the dust that had arisen and the new-building smell of carefully constructed wooden canopies that lined the completed strip, that specific aroma of the ocean air had not disappeared. It tickled Himari's nose pleasantly every time the breeze washed over her, causing her to tilt her head up to the clear, blue sky above and inhale pleasantly. The delightful smell of cooking accompanied the saltiness of the ocean air in a way that had her mouth watering in a fashion nearly identical to Sasha's.

The table in front of her was practically groaning under the weight of the food that had been laid out on it. Himari stared down at the colourful display both in awe and slight scepticism - though that mainly came at the expense of the bright red creature with scarily large claws that happened to be lying upon a bed of fresh, green lettuce.

"What the hell is this food?" Connie asked suspiciously.

"Is it even edible?" Jean asked, leaning down to get a better look at one of the plates stationed right in front of him. 

"I don't care if it's not edible, it smells so good," Himari groaned. Sasha agreed readily from beside her. 

"Smells fishy," Mikasa corrected. Himari rose an eyebrow, bringing a hand thoughtfully to her chin.

"Fishy... but good! What is this, Yelena?" 

The tall blonde woman, who had been watching their reactions with an expression of plain amusement on her face, smiled at Himari's interest. It was quite rare, Yelena noticed, for Himari to find herself asking curious questions in the same way her comrades did. She, much like Levi, let her suspicions win most of the time, choosing to keep her distance from the new devices and food that had slowly but surely been introduced to the island. 

She seemed to be much more relaxed when she was around her friends, without the worries of her duties getting in the way.

"You've never heard of seafood?" She asked.

"Well, to be fair, most of us had never even heard of the sea until earlier this year," Himari answered. She glanced over at Armin, who pointedly looked away, with his cheeks turning a bright shade of pink. Mikasa pulled her scarf further up on her face.

"Well," Yelena continued, tucking her hands behind her back. "Niccolo here is a master of Marleyan cooking." 

Himari peered around the tall blonde, spotting the blond boy she had spoken with on the night of his arrival on Paradis. She could faintly hear him grumbling to himself as he stirred one of the large pots set up on a portable stove with a heavy, metal spoon.