➤𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

【𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 】

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

(this chapter is very plot and lore heavy!
it will be all over the place!)

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"HIMARI GO! GET OUT OF HERE!"

Himari had frozen at the sound of his voice. She hovered, just a short length between him and Zeke as Eren pushed forward, but she was too far away and he knew it. He kept moving, however, growing his feet thudding against the cracked, cobblestone pathways below. It didn't matter to him that his feet had split open as he cut them on rocks, leaving behind red, bloody footprints that stamped his path into the ground behind him. The stinging pain in his feet didn't compare to the sharp ache of pure terror that had begun to gnaw at his chest.

No wonder it had all seemed so familiar to Himari. She had seen this before. She'd lived through this scene before, over and over again in her sleep. Only this time, she knew that there was no waking up from the future memory that had only ever disguised itself as a nightmare.

Gabi, her face pale with both anger and grief, narrowed her eyes as she turned the gun towards Himari. Her finger curled around the trigger as she sucked in a deep breath, steadying the shaking of her hands. She'd made a mistake listening to Pieck earlier and she knew it. Gabi knew she should have pulled the trigger.

She wouldn't make the same mistake again.

She jerked backwards the moment she pulled the trigger, the kick hitting her straight in the shoulder with the butt of the gun just as the bullet fired. She gritted her teeth, eyes narrowing when she saw Himari fall out of the air and towards the ground, blood pouring from the open hole in her ribcage. There was a series of hollow tinkling noises that accompanied the shower of loose bones as they hit the ground, followed closely by a spray of thick, hot blood that began to paint her skin with red.

Both Armin and Mikasa screamed her name, unable to do anything but watch as Eren slid to his knees in front of her, hands cupping either side of her face. Her eyes rolled dizzyingly in her head, unfocused and glazed over as her face paled from shock. Eren was shaking her, eyes wide with terror as he looked over his shoulder at Zeke, who was clawing his way out of his titan's corpse.

But before Eren could open his mouth to say anything, the sound of another gunshot ricocheted off the broken houses of Shiganshina. The warmth of Eren's hands disappeared from her cheeks as a heavy weight landed in her lap. Himari reached one hand up to wipe at the blood that had stained her face, the other grappling at the stone floor behind her as she began to crawl backwards towards Zeke.

Her eyes landed on Eren's headless body in her lap. Himari screamed just as Zeke reached out, catching Eren's head in his hand. His torso was ripped to shreds as he slid across the ground, gently cradling his brother's head as blood dripped between his open fingers. With his other hand, he reached out and slammed it down on Himari's.