•One•

Third person POV

Ben Solo was the prince of Alderaan.

He never waned any of this, yet, here he is. They always say 'some things are stronger than blood'. Those things didn't save him, from royalty. His mother, Leia Organa Solo, was the princess of Alderaan until she got married to his father, Han Solo.

Now, it was his turn to take the throne, and for that, he needed a queen. They were having a selection. They'll gather women, and for first impressions, there will be a grand ball. After that, through a prosses of elimination, Ben would choose a queen.

"Ben!" His mother called him, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Come down, the ladies will arrive in thirty minutes!"

"Coming mother!" Ben called back, grabbed his black mask, and walked out of his room.

------A few hours earlier------

Rey's POV

"Hera, care to explain?" I said, while pointing on a newspaper with my name written in a list of the selected for the selection. "Did you sign me up to the Selection?"

"I thought it would be for the best! You need someone to always be there for you! Maybe it'll cheer you up after years that you were sad about your parents!" She said, and raised her hands in defeat. I frowned. My parents abandoned me when I was a little girl, I grew up in an orphanage, and at collage I met Hera, and we were best friends ever since.

"That person doesn't have to be the prince!" I exclaimed. "Besides, I think he's just a selfish person that is getting married just because he wants the throne, and he won't even care about his wife."

"Look, I'm sorry..." Hera apologized and lowered her head, her green hair getting all over her face. "I shouldn't have done that. At least try to have fun!"

"It's fine." I said as I pulled her into a hug. "I'll have fun, and I'll write you every day."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get that." I told her. I opened the door, and two guards were standing by the door.

"We're looking for someone named Rey." They told me.

"That's me." I replied.

"Come with us, we're here to take you to the palace, where the selection will be happening." They said, and I nodded.

"Can I say goodbye first?" I asked. They nodded, and I told goodbye to Hera, grabbed my stuff, and we were off.

When we arrived at the palace, I gasped. It was huge, beautiful, and the architecture was amazing. I couldn't believe that I'll be staying at this place, even if it was for a little while.

------Back to the present------

Third person POV

All the ladies had on fancy dresses, and a mask on their faces. Rey had on a short sleeved green dress with golden flakes spread around the skirt of the dress, that went down to her ankles. She had on a golden mask, and the top half of her hair was put in a bun, while the lower half was down, resting on her back. She sat down on a chair at the side of the ballroom, trying to avoid the other Selected.

Ben felt really stressed. Women asked him to dance with them every second. He didn't know what to tell them, so he just smiled and walked away, trying to avoid everyone. When he saw a Selected sitting by herself, his legs just moved towards her. When she noticed him walking towards her, she looked pretty surprised.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked her.

"I'm fine. What are you doing here? Don't you have some ladies to dance with?" She asked him.

"I'm actually trying to get away from everyone." He smiled sheepishly, and scratched the back of his neck. "It's not as fun as you think it is."

"Never said it was fun." She shrugged.

"Speaking of dances, can I have this dance?" He asked, and held out his hand. Rey hesitated, but took his hand. He gently pulled her to the dance floor, and wrapped his free hand around her waist, as she put her free hand on his shoulder. They started dancing gracefully, and they were so lost in their own worlds, that they didn't even realize that everyone stopped dancing and started watching them. Some ladies watched in envy, the rest watched and 'aww's were heard.

Next to the entrance, Han and Leia admired the dancing couple.

"Who knew that just one look can do all of this." Leia whispered quietly.