•Four•

------Two weeks later------

Rey's POV

I took a walk outside in the evening. It became some sort of a routine for me. Sometimes I took a walk alone, sometimes with Kaydel and Rose, and sometimes with Ben.

Even though I hated to admit it, I started developing feelings for him. Sometimes I allow myself to hope that maybe we'll be together. I know that we can't be together. He's the prince and I'm a nobody. In fairytales, girls like me become princesses, and find their true love. In reality – I'll always stay a nobody.

Life is hard, and reality is harsh, yet I allow myself to hope that one day I'll be someone. Stupid hope.

I was about to sit at my usual spot, when I saw something that shattered my heart into pieces.

I saw Gwen give Ben a peck on his lips.

I couldn't take it. I ran back to my room, and avoided everyone.

"Rey?" Rose asked. "Is everything okay?"

I ignored her, and ran to my room, which luckily, I got a new one after the rebel attack. I closed the door, changed into my pajamas, and walked to the balcony. I leaned on the railing, and breathed in the air, letting tears stream down my face.

That's exactly why I shouldn't have let myself get attached to anyone.

------------------

Ben's POV

Gwen kissed me. She literally kissed me. What in the actual world? I just told her that it wouldn't happen. I already know who I want. Weather she likes me or not, my heart is hers, and she's in mine. I glanced up as I heard a sob.

Darn it.

------------------

Rey's POV

I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me." A voice I knew too well answered.

"Look, I really don't want to talk right now." I said.

"If you're bummed out about something, maybe I could help." Ben told me through the door.

I didn't reply. I waited for him to say something, yet instead of words, the door opened and he walked inside. He didn't say anything, just came towards me and wrapped his arms around me, but I pushed him away.

"If you don't want to talk, it's fine. Just tell me what happened."

I didn't look at him. I knew that if I did, I wouldn't be able to hold back the tears, I wouldn't be able to hold back my feelings, so I just looked outside at the sunset. He stood beside me, and from the corner of my eye, I saw a tear drop down his face. My heart ached at that.

"If you need anything, tell me." He said, and with these words, he walked out. I covered myself with the blanket, and cried myself to sleep.

Why is it always me? Why, just for once, things can't go well for me?

------------------

I woke up the next day with someone knocking on the door.

"Go away." I murmured. Instead, a very worried Rose entered my room.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Just not feeling well." I lied. Rose didn't seem to buy that.

"You know you can tell me what really happened." She said.

"Fine," I sighed, knowing I can't win this fight. "I saw Gwen kissing Ben, and I know, I know, it may sound stupid or something like that, because it's the selection and he is allowed to kiss anyone he wants, but, for some strange reason, I felt that something was really there."

"That son of a..." Rose muttered to herself. "I'm going to kill him. Literally everyone wants you two together. I heard rumors that even the king and queen wants you two together, they think that you'll make a great queen."

They... They want me as the next queen...? Why me? I'm just a normal girl, I can't be a queen. I don't want anyone this.

"Let me get changed quickly, and we'll go eat breakfast?" I asked, and Rose nodded. I quickly changed, and we went to the dining room. I was about to walk inside, when a hand pulled me inside a room.

------------------

As the person locked the door, I balled my fists, and I was ready to punch him, but when I turned around, it was Ben.

"Damn you Ben." I said. "That scared me to death."

He raised his hand in defeat. "Sorry."

"Now," I started. "Why are we here?"

"I had to talk to you."

"You could've just ask me!"

"You would avoid me. I know you."

Darn. He's right.

"Please, tell me. What really happened to you last night?" He asked me.

"I... I can't." I stuttered. "You'd probably think it's stupid."

"I won't. I promise."

"I saw you kissing Gwen... And I got a little... Jealous..."

With all of his impudence, Ben laughed. "I take that back. That is pretty stupid." He stopped to laugh some more. "I don't even like Gwen, well, in that way."

He cupped my face and kissed me. A gentle kiss, that may not be much, yet I never felt more alive. I finally felt wanted, I felt needed. A nuclear bomb could drop and end all life on earth, and I wouldn't even care.

When he pulled away, he looked into my eyes with a soft smile on his face. "From the first time I saw you, I knew something was there. I didn't know what it was then, but now I know. You're my girl, and I love you with all my heat.

I hugged him and smiled. "I love you too."

We just stood there in each other's embrace, not giving a care in the world.

That's what you would call opposite attract. Some people would think that it shouldn't be like that, some think it should. Honestly, I don't care. As long as it's love, what's wrong with it?