•Ten•

Rey's POV

I lost track of time.

I feel like I was stuck in the saferoom for years yet I realized that it was probably only a couple hours, since if it was more than 24 hours, the doors would've open by now. I tried to listen to figure out what's going on outside, although I knew it was helpless. The last time we were in a saferoom, we couldn't hear anything that happened outside of the room, and there was so much damage.

After I saw that I couldn't open the door from the inside the saferoom, I dragged back the sofa to where it was when I entered here, covered myself in a little blanket that I found, and laid down.

"Ben, if you stay alive," I whispered. "I'll let you playfully scare me whenever you want."

I thought it would be the best if I just slept off this time.

------A few hours later------

I woke up from the sound of the door lock turning.

If I said that I slept well, I'd be lying. All kinds of thoughts ran to my mind. Where are Hera, Rose and Kaydel? Are they safe? Are they alright? Is Ben still alive, or did Snoke kill him?

I didn't know if the person that was opening the door is on my side or not, so it took the blaster, even though it was out of ammo, and aimed it at the door. At least the impression will be irritating.

"Miss Rey, don't shoot!" The guard that opened the door begged. "The rebels have been defeated, it's safe to go outside."

"How do I know I can trust you?" I asked him. you can never be too safe, after all. "How do I know that you're not a rebel in a guard's clothes."

"Well," The guard started. "I can bring you one of the other guards, if you wish, if the guard is still alive, of course. We suffered many loses."

After I saw the pain in his eyes, I knew that he was a real guard, meaning that he was on my side, but I still answered. "Can you bring Finn here?"

"It shall be done, ma'am." He said and walked away.

I started panicking. What if Finn didn't make it? Rose would be devastated. Finn is one of her best friends, and he was a good friend of mine as well.

"Rey? Are you there?" A voice asked.

I looked to the door and saw Finn there.

"Thank the maker..." I sighed. "I'm so glad that you're okay! Where's everyone else? Is Ben alive? Are my friends okay?" The words came out of my mouth so quickly, and it was difficult to understand what I was saying.

I felt weird, like my head was filled with cotton.

"Woah, woah, woah slow down, one question at a time." Finn said.

"I think she's in shock." The guard that brought Finn told him. "Take her to the hospital wing, quickly."

Finn nodded, and picked me up.

"Ben?" I asked. No one answered. Or maybe I just lost consciousness. I don't remember.

------------------

When I woke up, I found myself laying down on a folding bed.

I looked around as I panicked a little, until I realized that I was at the hospital wing, meaning that I was in a safe place.

I got up, and walked through the hospital wing, looking for Ben. If he was here, it means that he is alive, and I have one less thing to worry about.

"Excuse me!" I asked as I approached a doctor. "Is the prince here?"

"No miss." The doctor said, and my heart skipped a beat. "But I'm pretty sure he's in his room at the fourth floor, resting."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much."

I was about to walk out of the hospital wing, but I saw Hera, Rose and Kaydel talking in a corner.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Rey, thank the maker!" Rose exclaimed and hugged me. "We didn't know where you were, we were afraid the we lost you."

"Oh, I'm fine." I said, but then I noticed that Hera's forehead was covered by a bandage. "But Hera, what happened to you?"

"Oh, got cut by some glass." She chuckled. "Nothing too bad, the cut wasn't deep, I'll be as good as new in about a week."

"That's good news, but I have to go, I'll see you later!" I said as I walked out.

"Tell Ben I said hi!" Kaydel yelled.

I chuckled as I ran up the stairs all the way to the fourth floor. There was only one door that was guarded, so I assumed that this was the room that Ben was in.

"Excuse me," I asked when I arrived. "Is the prince inside?"

"Yes." The guard answered, his face blank.

"Can I please come inside?"

"I'm sorry, only family members are allowed inside."

I thought for a minute, and then replied. "Can you ask him if I can come in? Tell him that Rey wants to see him."

The guard nodded and walked inside. About a minute later, he came back.

"You may enter." He said.

"Thank you." I replied, and walked inside.

I sighed in relief as I saw Ben inside, laying on his bed. He looked weak, and a scar ran all the way from above his right eye, across his right cheek, down the side of his neck, and it looked like it continued down to his chest, but I couldn't tell because of his shirt.

"Ben..." I called his name as I ran to hug him. "I'm so close to hitting you right now, but I know I'll probably hurt you badly, so I won't do it."

"I love you too." He chuckled.

"I'm serious." I said. "I was worried sick. I thought you were dead..."

Ben cupped my face with his hand, and wiped the tears that started escaping my eyes. "It's okay, we're together. Besides, the rebel's leader is dead, so hopefully we'll never have to worry about them again."

"I hope so too... But why didn't you tell me that you're a Jedi? Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, I'm just interested."

"I think I'll have to introduce you to my uncle, Luke Skywalker."

"Luke Skywalker? I thought he was a myth. And you said that your uncle taught you how to be a king, not that he trained you how to be a Jedi."

"Uncle Luke is real alright... And he did teach me how to be a king, but then he sensed the Force within me, and tested the amount of Midichlorians in my blood, and he saw it. I had that mighty Skywalker blood, so he decided to teach me, to show me the ways of the Force... I'm sorry I didn't tell that to you earlier, I was afraid that you'll see me as some sort of a freak..." He said and looked away in shame.

"Look at me." I said, and held his face with my hands so he had to look into my eyes. "I fell in love with you not because I want the crown, but because I love you, I love your personality, and that feeling wouldn't change because of that. Okay?"

"Okay." He nodded.

"Now, I believe we have a wedding to plan." I smiled.

"Yes we do." He replied, and pulled me into a kiss.

I was glad and grateful that the people that are close to me are alive and well, and nothing else mattered to me.

"By the way," I said after we broke apart. "Kaydel said hi."

He laughed and I stared at his smile, something I wanted to see every day for the rest of my life.