•Six•

Third person POV

Everyone watched as the grave was buried in the ground.

Kaydel collapsed, and sobbed, knowing that she wouldn't see her best friend again. She and Rose were best friends even before the Selection.

Rey sobbed just like Kaydel into Ben's shoulder, who was wrapping his arms around her protectively, keeping her safe. Rey was sad over her friend that welcomed her with open arms. Ben was also suspected something; something about Rose's death didn't add up. He just didn't feel Rose's absence in the Force.

Finn also mourned over his dead friend that always stood by his side. He held Poe's hand (Poe was his boyfriend). Poe was the commander of Alderaan's air force.

Han and Leia were as sad as everyone else, but they were also wondering what they should do? How will they keep everyone else safe? They didn't want to start a war because that will just cause more deaths, and more people will lose their lives.

------------------

Ben's POV

I walked down the hallway when I heard some quiet yelling coming from Rey's door. I listened closely and chuckled to myself; it was from the TV; she was watching Harry Potter again.

That happiness soon turned into worry. I wanted to keep her safe. I needed to keep her safe. She couldn't die. I would never forgive myself is she did.

"Ben!" My mother called me as I saw her across the hallway. When I saw the expression on her face, I knew something was wrong. Terribly wrong. She was never this worried. And when she was, she never let anyone see that.

"What's wrong?" I asked her when I reached her.

"Come with me, we have to talk."

------------------

Third person POV

The royal family sat around the table, about to start making a strategy to stop the rebels from killing anyone else.

"Who are we waiting for?" Ben asked, as everyone were already there. His mother was there, as well as his father and uncle Chewbacca.

"Luke." His mother replied simply.

It took every bit of willpower that Ben had to not lose his temper. To say this in the simplest way, Ben and his uncle didn't have the best relationship.

"Speaking of the devil..." Ben murmured to himself as Luke walked in.

Luke Skywalker, Ben's uncle, was a legend. He was the one to bring back to the light his father, Anakin Skywalker, also known as Darth Vader. He was a well-known Jedi. He knew how to use the Force, and had amazing lightsaber skills.

His family's lightsaber, created by Anakin, was lost for a couple decades, until Maz Kanata, the pirate queen of Takodana, found it and brought it back.

Luke also taught Ben how to use the Force when he taught him how to be a king. Ben created his own lightsaber as well; it was a bright green color. When Ben told Rey about his past, he left that part out. He didn't want Rey to think he was some sort of a freak.

"Leia, Han, Ben, Chewbacca" Luke acknowledged them. "It's good to see you all. What did you call me for?"

"Well," Leia started. "We got threatened by the rebels..."

"The rebels?" Luke asked, confused. "I thought father killed Palpatine all those years ago..."

"He did, but apparently they have a new leader, that goes by the name Snoke." Leia replied. "Anyway, they said that if we wouldn't give up Alderaan and the throne, they'll kill all of the selected. They already killed one of them."

Ben paled as his mother said these words. He had to protect these women. He cared about them, every and each one; but most of all, he loves Rey. He couldn't let her get hurt. He didn't know what he would do without her. She was the light of his life.

"I suggest that we'll end the selection as soon as possible, so the ladies will be saved. After that, I assume that we'll go into war." Luke suggested.

"Finally Luke has a plan that isn't absolutely crazy. Well, except for the war part." Han said as he clapped his hands slowly, teasing Luke.

"I agree with my father," Ben said, joining the conversation. "We can't just go into war. We don't want anymore people dying, no more blood spilled. Why can't we just negotiate our way out of this?"

"I'm afraid we won't be able to." Luke replied. "If the rebels are the same as they were last time, this will end up as a war."

Suddenly, the door burst open, and a guard walked inside. "Your majesties, we got a message from a spy in the rebel group. The person that died wasn't Rose. Rose is alive. Captured, but alive."

They all looked at each other, processing the new information.

"If Rose didn't die, who did?" Ben asked.

Han shrugged. "Let's find out."

The guard, Luke, Han and Chewbacca left the room, and when Ben was about to follow them, his mother grabbed his hand.

"You love her, don't you? You want to protect her so she won't suffer from the same fate as Rose." She said.

Ben stood there, and stayed quiet for a long moment.

"Don't even bother to hide it from me." Leia continued. "I saw the way you look at her, how you held her in your arms, protecting her, holding her ever so gently, as if you held her too hard, she might break."

Ben looked down, not knowing how to respond, but Leia wasn't done.

"She's a good person, and I completely support you; I just want you to be open with me. You know I love you, right?"

He nodded, and hugged her, letting a tear roll down from his eye.

"Now go be a hero."

------------------

As they arrived at the grave, they started digging around, until they found the coffin. They opened it, the body was still inside, looking peaceful. The girl looked just like Rose, so they were all confused.

Suddenly, an idea popped into Ben's mind.

"I'll be right back." He said, and started running towards the palace. He had to find Kaydel. Kaydel knew Rose better than anyone else here. He assumed that she was in her room, so that's where he went. He knocked on the door, hoping that she was actually there.

"Come in." A voice answered, a voice that he so dearly loved, a voice that made him feel at home, a voice that made a smile appear on his face every time he heard it.

Ben slowly opened the door, and saw Rey hugging Kaydel, trying to comfort her.

"Ben?" Rey asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to make it short and simple." He replied. "Rose is alive."

Kaydel snapped her head towards Ben, her tears stained her face like war paint, and her eyes red and puffy from crying. "B- but how?"

"They didn't kill Rose." He explained. "They killed someone that looks like her. Rose is captured, but don't worry, we'll rescue her. Can you come with us? Maybe you could tell us who they actually killed?"

"It's worth a try." She replied, wiping tears off her face.

As Ben, Rey and Kaydel arrived, Kaydel stared at the body, shocked and horrified.

"That's not Rose... That's her sister... Paige Tico..."