•Five•

Rey's POV

"So what's going on between you and Ben?" Kaydel asked me as she, Rose and I took a walk outside.

"Have you two kissed yet? And where were you at breakfast?" Rose asked me.

"Well... I- I... Uhhh..." I must've been as red as a tomato, because Kaydel and Rose started laughing.

"So you two are a thing!" They both said at the same time, and pointed at my face mockingly.

"Well... I guess?" I said.

"Long live the queen." They both bowed down.

"Stop it!" I laughed, and they laughed with me.

"Rose!" A male's voice called. I turned around and saw a man that was a bit taller than me, he was dark skinned, and he had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.

"Finn!" Rose exclaimed, ran to him, and hugged him. "I haven't seen you in a while!"

"Uhhh, Rose, care to introduce your friend here?" Kaydel asked.

"Kaydel, Rey, this is Finn," Rose started. "Finn, these are Kaydel and Rey."

Kaydel and I waved, and Finn smiled.

"And Rey, before you start to tease me, Finn isn't my boyfriend." She added.

"Dang it." I muttered. "You do deserve it though."

"Well, you know what I said was true."

"I mean... Yeah..."

"Hold up, what are you talking about?" Finn asked, confused. Before anyone could say anything, Rose and Kaydel started giggling, and two hands covered my eyes. I elbowed the person, and he groaned.

"Ben..." I sighed. "You really need to stop scaring me like that. I thought you learned your lesson. You're lucky I didn't Judo flip you again."

"If I didn't learn my lesson earlier, I did now..." He replied.

Third person POV

"Did she just say that she was hurting the prince? And nothing bad happened to her? And why is she calling him by his first name?" Finn whispered to Rose, pretty confused.

"Yes, I think that they're just teasing each other, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't mind that she called him by his first name." Rose whispered back.

"And I'm pretty sure that they are a thing." Kaydel whispered, joining the conversation.

"They- they're what?" Finn was shocked. He didn't know that there was something. Ben had a pretty distant relationship with his family. They were never close, so Finn didn't expect him to fall in love with someone that he didn't know too well.

The three of them turned back their attention to Rey and Ben. They chuckled as they saw that Ben took Rey's hair tie, and now her hair was down, and reached only a little bit below her shoulders. Rey tried to take her hair tie from him, but he held it above his head, and she wasn't able to take it back since he was taller than her.

"Ben!" Rey exclaimed. "Give it back to me! Please."

Ben did as she asked, but the moment Rey finished putting up her hair, Ben picked her up bridal-style, and she wasn't exactly happy about that.

"Please put me down." She asked him as she hit his chest with her fists.

"Never." Ben whispered.

------Time skip to the afternoon ------

Rey's POV

I was nervous. Really nervous. I was pretty much terrified. Today is the day that all of the remaining selected would talk to the queen and king. Because of Ben and mine's relationship, I was always in my head. What if they wouldn't like me? What if they would think that I'm no good for Ben?

"Miss Rey, come in." A guard informed me.

Well, here goes nothing. I walked into the room, and only the queen was sitting there.

"Good afternoon, your majesty." I said and quickly bowed down.

"Good afternoon, dear," She replied. She had this warm and loving voice that just made you want to give her a warm hug. "Please, sit down, and call me Leia."

I did as she asked, and smiled. Ever since I remembered myself, I always knew: 'good things start with a smile.'

"Han will join us any minute now, he went to get himself a drink." The queen, no, Leia, said. "Meanwhile, would you like to have a cookie?"

I nodded, and took one. "These are very good, thank you."

"It's a family recipe." She replied. "When Ben was younger, we used to bake them all the time, they were his favorite."

I chuckled. I could imagine a young Ben running around, covered in flour and frosting.

I heard the door open behind me, and the king walked in.

"Well Han, now that you finally came, we can start." Leia said.

"So kid," Han started. "Tell us a little but about yourself? Why did you cone here?"

"Well, my name is Rey, I'm 22 years old, and actually," I chuckled. "It's kind of funny, but I never intended to come to come to the selection, but my best friend, Hera, decided that it was a good idea to sign me up without me knowing, although I'm glad that she did, I met some good friends here, I met people that I would never meet if I didn't come here."

"Well, good thing that you did, until you came Ben was an emo kid." Han smiled, and Leia slapped him playfully.

"Han!" She scolded him. "He is right, you know. You changed him. We haven't seen him smile this much in years."

I was shocked. I never knew. He never told me... "Well, I'm glad I could help him."

"He seems to like you quite a bit." Leia smiled affectionally.

I tried to hide the blush with no luck.

"Leia, I think the kid already knows it." Han said, and winked at me. "You can go now; it was nice to talk to you."

I bowed down. "it was nice talking to you to. Goodbye."

When I walked out, Ben was waiting for me outside. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and I giggled.

"So..." He started. "What did my parents tell you? Please tell me that they didn't give you much trouble."

"Your parents amazing." I told him. "And your mother's cookies are the best."

He chuckled. "I guess my mother told you that I loved baking them as a little kid. She tells everyone this story."

As if on a cue to ruin moment, the alarm was heard. Ben grabbed my hand, and we ran to the safe room. When we thought we were safe, we saw something that would probably change everything.

A dead body was laying on the ground. It was Rose's body. Tears started forming in my eyes. On the wall it was written with her blood:

Give up the throne.
Give up Alderaan.
Give it to us, then, they might live.