TWO

BUBBLE BATHS
flashback
four years old

BUBBLE BATHSflashbackfour years old

"Chrissy." Fallon wrapped her arms around the boys shoulders and squished their faces together.

Chris pouted as the girl hugged him, but his mother gave him a stern look so he hugged her back.

He thought that it wasn't cool to be friends with a girl, that's what everyone at kindergarten said anyway. But he liked spending time with Fallon. She made him laugh and feel special.

"It's bath time kids." Chelsea shouted as she finished running the bath for the two friends.

Fallon looked across to Chris and shook her head. Ever since they were babies they'd been bathed together.

The last time they bathed together Chris end up pouring a full tub of water over her and getting soap in her eyes. And since then, Fallon promised that she wouldn't bath with him ever again.

"No." Fallon crossed her arms and stomped her foot.

Chelsea raised her brows at her daughter before turning to look at Lisa, almost in shock at her daughters stubbornness.

"No?" Chelsea questioned the girl. Fallon timidly nodded. "Why not?"

"He poured water over me last time." Fallon pointed to Chris accusingly. "I got soap on my eye." The four year old girl pointed to her left eye and allowed a pout to form on her face.

"Your hair needed rinsing. Momma Reyes said so." Chris said as he ran over to Chelsea for a hug.

Chelsea picked the boy up and placed him on her hip. She doted on the young boy, he had a certain charm about him that always managed to make her smile.

"I did say so." Chelsea nodded in agreement.

"Momma Evans." Fallon looked up to the woman. She stood beside her and lightly tugged on her shirt. "Chrissy is stealing my momma."

Lisa fake gasped and picked Fallon up, she lightly tapped her nose, making Fallon's face light up.

"Then you will just have to steal me." Lisa grinned, placing a sloppy kiss on the girls cheek. Fallon squealed and looked towards Chris.

"I want my mommy back." Chris whined, crossing his arms. "You can't have her."

Fallon stuck her tongue out at the boy as they both wriggled out of the opposite parents arms. The brunette ran over to her mom and wrapped her arms around her legs.

"Like we said, it's bath time kids." Chelsea repeated, making both of the kids eyes widened and attempt to run away.

Alejandro noticed before they could get too far. His arms wrapped around both of their waists and he threw them over his shoulders.

"Papa." Fallon giggled as she lightly hit his back. "Put us down. We don't want a bath."

"I brought home bubbles. You can pretend to be Mr and Mrs Claus." Alejandro shrugged.

Chris and Fallon's eyes lit up. They always pretended to be Mr and Mrs Claus. Making the bubbles sit on their hairs and Fallon insisted that Chris needed a beard to be Mr Claus.

"Bath time. Bath time." Chris shouted excitedly.

~

Fallon sat beside Chris on the bed as her mother combed through her wet hair, putting it into braids.

Chris was attempting to read a book, but instead of actually reading it, he just pointed at all the pictures of animals and showed them to Fallon.

"I want to be the lion." Fallon pointed to the Lion, who has a smile on his face. "He looks happy."

"I wanted to be the lion." Chris slammed the book closed and turned to face Fallon. "I'm the lion."

"No." Fallon shook her head. "Chrissy, I wanted to be the lion first." Fallon's eyes teared up and her bottom lip began to tremble.

Chris placed a kiss on Fallon's cheek and held her hand tightly. He offered her a small smile before saying,

"We can both be lions. And we can get married and have lion babies." Chris looked up to his mother. "What are they called mommy?"

"Cubs." Lisa ruffled the boys blonde hair lightly, causing him to grin.

"Momma Reyes," Chelsea hummed in response. "Will Fallon and I get married one day?"

Lisa and Chelsea shared a heart warming look as they both looked down at the two children holding hands.

"Maybe." Chelsea nodded. "But you can marry who ever you want."

"I want to marry Fallon." Chris said adamantly.

Fallon grinned, shuffling closer to Chris and wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

"And I want to marry Chrissy."

Chelsa and Lisa both shared a confused look at what the children were doing, but neither of them said anything. Instead, they just watched it happen with smiles on their faces.

"We should get married now." Chris suggested hopefully, as he turned to look at Fallon. Fallon early nodded. "I love you."

"I love you." Fallon repeated.

"Now we're married and you're Mrs Christopher Robert Evans."