FIVE

SURPRISE VISIT
present day
thirty seven years old

Fallon sat in her front room with a cup of coffee in her hand and 'What's your number?' playing on the tv

Fallon sat in her front room with a cup of coffee in her hand and 'What's your number?' playing on the tv. She pulled her blanket around her body and sat down on her couch.

She let out a small groan as she heard a knock on her door. She placed the cup down on the arm of the couch before rushing to get the door.

"Did you miss me?" Chris questioned as the door swung open. Fallon let out a small squeal as she jumped into his arms.

Chris gripped the bottom of her thighs to hold her up as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. He linked her legs together around his torso and wrapped his arms tightly around her small waist.

She allowed a grin to form on her face as she nuzzled her head into the of his neck. Her fingers ran through his hair and let out a soft chuckle.

He was really here and she couldn't believe it.

Chris' grip tightened on her waist as he let go with one hand to grabbed his suitcase and walked into the house. He closed the front door with his foot and wrapped his arm around the girl again.

"I'll take that as a yes." He whispered into her ear. The girl nodded as she jumped out of his arms.

"What are you doing here?" Fallon questioned as she looked up to him in shock. "If I had known you were coming I would have ti-"

"Put a different film on?" Chris questioned as they walked into the room and saw himself on the girl's TV screen.

He let out a small chuckle and allowed his eyes to flicker towards the girl, who's cheeks were now bright red.

"Definitely." She muttered and quickly turned off the TV. She grabbed her coffee mug, which had Captain America's face on it. "I need new mugs." She muttered.

"Speaking of mugs." He grabbed the sighed Captain America mug that he had got her. "I signed it."

Fallon wouldn't admit it, but the small action warmed her heart. But if she told him that she knew he would get all cocky about it.

"Christopher." Fallon chuckled as she grabbed the mug and looked at it. "How stupid are you?" Chris looked at the girl in confusion and waited for her to continue. "This is just gonna come off in the dishwasher."

Chris laughed and anxiously scratched the back of his neck before taking a seat on the girls couch. Fallon watched as he made himself comfortable. Last night he was at the school reunion and probably stayed in his childhood bedroom.

Fallon smiled at the man before taking a seat beside him, she lifted his legs before she placed them back on her lap. She watched as he grabbed her hand and randomly began to trace patterns on the palm of her hand, like he used to do after a rough day.

"You doing okay?" Fallon questioned as she looked across to him, Chris softly smiled at the girl before nodding. "How was the reunion?"

"Tiring. Everyone kept asking for photos." He whispered honestly. "I wish you were there."

"If I had known that you were going, Christopher, I would have gone." Fallon responded as she took a sip of her coffee from earlier.

Fallon had certainly missed the man. They went from seeing each other every day to not seeing each other in nearly ten years, despite a few family occasions. They hadn't spent time together with it been just the two of them.

"You know who would love this mug?" Fallon questioned as she motioned to the signed Captain America mug.

"Who?" Chris questioned, his eyes flickering over the girl. Her brown hair fell perfectly in front of her face and her brown eyes sparkled.

"Nanna." Fallon smiled and turned her body to face the man. Chris smiled fondly, he nodded in agreement. "We should go and give it her."

The way Fallon's face lit up made Chris heart skip a beat. She looked so happy and excited about the idea to give the mug to Nanna.

"Right now?" Chris questioned as he watched the girl shoot up from her spot on the couch.

"Right now. She'd love to see you." Fallon grinned before she turned and faced Chris with concern written all over her face. "Only if you want to."

Chris softly smiled at the girl, he brought his hand up to tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear, causing her to nuzzle into the warmth of his palm.

"I'd do anything as long as it's with you." Chris smiled.

"Swoon." Fallon said as she placed her hands over her heart and looked up to the man. "Come on, Christopher." She linked her hand with his and pulled him towards the front door.

~

"Nanna." Fallon shouted as she walked into the house. "I have two surprises for you."

"Fallon, sweetie, I'm in the living room." Doris responded with a grin.

Fallon smiled and pulled Chris into the living room with her. Doris let out a loud gasp as she saw the man.

"Christopher?" Doris used all her strength to stand up.

Chris quickly rushed over to the woman to help her stand up. He wasn't too surprised when the small woman hugged him. Fallon allowed a smile to form on her face at the sight.

"Hey, Nanna Doris." Chris grinned, the woman used to baby sit him and his siblings when they were younger as well as her own grandchildren. "I brought you a signed mug." Fallon cleared her throat making the man look back at her. "We brought you a signed mug." He corrected.

"You're too sweet. I've seen you on my TV, Chrissy, I'm so proud of you." Doris smiled as she lightly tapped the man's cheeks before sitting back down.

Chris chuckled and went to take a seat beside Fallon. His arm found its way around the back of the couch and Fallon found herself subconsciously leaning towards Chris.

"Are you staying for my birthday, Christopher?" Doris questioned hopefully. She would love to see everyone back together again.

Chris looked at his watch, if he wanted to catch a flight to go back home, he would have to leave now. He allowed his eyes to flicker down to the brunette beside him. She had a huge smile on her face as she looked up to him.

"Sure."