THIRTY EIGHT

GRAVE YARD
flashback
22 years old

Fallon stood beside Jax as he stood in front of his fathers grave

Fallon stood beside Jax as he stood in front of his fathers grave. Naya and Chris stood further back, not wanting for Jax to feel over crowded during this time.

Everyone knew that Jax and Fallon were the closest out of the trio of siblings. There wasn't a time we're they wouldn't be making sure one another were okay or trying to crack a joke.

"I miss him." Jax whispered looking down at the grave with his fathers name engraved.

Jax was only a baby when his father died, he barely even remembered him. All that he had of his was his dusty flat cap and a few crumpled photos. But that was more than enough for the boy.

"I know." Fallon wrapped her hand around her brothers bicep and gave it a small squeeze before resting her head upon his shoulder. "He misses you too."

Fallon hated seeing her brother so upset, it hurt her. Jax was normally a happy go lucky kind of guy. He always had a smile on his face and managed to make others laugh. He'd always taken care of her and Naya, always made sure that they were okay, but on this day, it was their turn to step up and protect him.

"He was a good man." Alejandro spoke up as he made his way to stand beside Jax. "An honourable man." He paused once again. "You remind me of him."

Jax just chuckled in response, feeling angered at the fact that Alejandro had shown up to his dads place of rest. He sucked in a deep breath before saying,

"I'm sure you couldn't wait for him to die, so you could make a move on my mom."

"That's not true, son." Alejandro tried to place a comforting hand on Jax's shoulder, knowing that he was upset and didn't actually mean what he was saying.

"I'm not your son. You're not my father." Jax pushed Alenjandro back.

Chris didn't hesitate in stepping between the pair. He could understand Jax's anger and resentment. But on any other day, Jax called Alejandro 'papa', but today wasn't any other day.

"Get out the way, Chris." Jax kept going to lunge for Alejandro, and truthfully, the man was going to let him.

Alejandro understood that Jax had a lot of built up anger. Anger that he needed to let out. Everyone knew how angry Jax was about the loss of his dad, but that didn't mean that they were going to let him hit Alejandro.

"You're angry. We get that. And we're here for you, man." Chris spoke slowly, his eyes flickering over to Fallon, who was attempting to console her crying mother. "Take a look at your mom and sisters."

Jax guilty looked over to the three most important girls in his life and shamefully looked down to the ground. He hated making them scared or upset.

"Let's get you out of here, yeah?" Chris wrapped his arm around Jax's shoulders and guided him away from the group, knowing that the graveyard wouldn't be helping his emotions at all.

"I'm going to go with them." Fallon spoke to her mother as she ran after Chris and Jax.

The brunette linked her arm with Jax and offered him a small smile, showing him that she was okay and he didn't have to worry about her today. That today was all about him.

"Shall we go get a few drinks?" Fallon questioned curiously.

Both boys let go of a small chuckle at the girls request, but still nodded their head. Maybe alcohol would be a good idea, it could numb Jax's pain and help them all let off a bit of steam.

~

After a few too many rounds, the trio were singling 'Mary had a little lamb' as loudly as they possibly could whilst walking home in the early hours of the morning.

Fallon kept stumbling over her own too feet, so eventually, she jumped onto Chris' back and made him give her a piggy back home. He didn't complain much, instead he allowed her to jump onto his back and he hoisted her up.

She kept playing with his hair as they walked, which truthfully, nearly made him fall asleep whilst he was walking.

"Thanks for today." Jax spoke up, slurring as he did so. "I appreciate you both."