FOURTEEN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
flashback
ten years old

Fallon sat at her mothers vanity desk with Chris stood behind her

Fallon sat at her mothers vanity desk with Chris stood behind her. She had pulled out her mothers clothes to get dressed into, so that her and Chris pretended to be married adults for halloween.

She honestly had no idea where the idea had come from and now she was regretting it, but it was too late to buy a costume now since all the stores had been emptied and they were supposed to go trick or treating in ten minutes.

Fallon was going to tell Chris that she didn't want to go because she looked stupid but before she could say anything, Chris cut her off.

"We look good." Chris smirked as she straightened up his tied and held his brief case in his hand tightly.

"You look like a big idiot with baggy clothes." Fallon fired back as she looked at him in his dads over sized blazer and shirt. Thankfully, he wore his own pants so they didn't keep falling down.

Chris knew not to get upset or offended by her words, instead, he just shrugged it off. He knew that she was upset with her outfit.

"You look pretty." Chris complimented as the girl stood up in her mothers work dress.

Fallon shot a glare at Chris, assuming his compliment was fake and only to make her feel better. But in reality it was the complete opposite, Chris thought that she looked genuinely beautiful.

"Come on, Naya, Carly and Jax promised to take us all trick or treating." Chris smiled as he slung his arm over the girls shoulders. "Please, can we go now?"

"But Chrissy." Fallon stood up with a pout on her face. Chris stepped forward and linked their hands, causing Fallon to blush at the contact.

She'll admit she had a crush on Chris, but if he asked her that she would deny it without any sort of hesitation.

"You look beautiful." Chris offered the girl a toothy grin in hopes of convincing her to come trick or treating with him and their siblings. "Plus, Jax is going as a cheerleader. That's gonna be funny."

Fallon pondered upon the thought for a moment before nodding her head eagerly and linking her fingers with Chris', making their way out of the house to where their siblings were waiting for one another.

"It's about God damn time." Jax uttered as he threw his arm over Fallon's shoulder, causing her to scrunch her nose up and push him away.

"Christopher said you're taking us trick or treating." Fallon looked up to her brother with a smile, only then did she notice that he wasn't wearing a cheerleading costume like Chris said but rather he wore a Bucky Barnes costume from the comics.

Jax chuckled at his obviously confused sister, he let go of a small tut. He turned to face Naya and Carly with a smug grin.

"No, no, actually you, Chris, Scott and Shanna are going trick or treating," He paused motioning to the four of them as he spoke. "And us three, are going to a party." Jax placed his hand down on Fallon's shoulder. "We'll meet you at the park by ten. Don't do anything stupid."

"But-you can't leave us." Chris spoke up, stepping forward and crossing his arms adamantly. "Momma Reyes and my mom won't he happy."

"Look, Christopher," Jax knelt down to Chris' height. "There's a pretty girl waiting for me at this party. You're not gonna let me miss out on the opportunity to meet a pretty girl are you?"

"Maybe he's right Jax, they're just kids." Naya muttered, placing her hand on her older brothers shoulder and pulling him back up.

Naya looked between her siblings, she knew that it would be wrong to ditch them and go to a party, but the other part of her wanted to go.

"Come on." Jax frustratedly ran his hand over his face. "You know what, do what you want. I'm going to the party." With that, the dark haired boy stormed off without another word.

"Someones got an attitude." Fallon uttered as she rested her head on Chris' shoulder, she then looked up to her older sister with a grin. "If you come trick or treating with us, I'll share my candy with you."

Naya chuckled at the girl before nodding and looking across to Carly who just shrugged and went to go trick or treating with them.