Chapter Two: The Arrival

The next morning Jessie would wake up half-nude in his bed. Beside him, or moreso halfway on top of him, laid a half-nude Haley with her head pressed upon his chest. His heart begins to flare up in excitement, remembering the events which transpired the night before. He closes his eyes again to soak in the happiness he feels. He thinks to himself, "Today is the day. I am going to go and purchase a bouquet for her. I hope this is for real..."

A few minutes later Haley wakes up and looks up at Jessie, smiling and pinching his cheeks, "Good morning, sleepyhead," she says with a raspy, low feminine voice. "Good morning, Haley... I had thought it was all just a dream and I would be awake and there wouldn't be anyone here," he says, happily, "But I'm so happy it's not." She giggles and responds, "Nope. I'm real. Just as real as you are to me, Jess..." He embraces her tightly for a while, enjoying this new sensation flood over him.

Not long afterwards, however, the sound of thumping can be heard. Not like the thumping of an axe on a log or anything, but like a woodpecker. This sound, however, was more consistent, and the distance, it sounds like, has proved it was far greater than an animal.

It catches Haley off guard, "Shh... Do you hear that, Jess?" He remains quiet as the sound draws nearer and nearer, hence the sound growing louder and louder. The two rush out of bed and put on the best clothes manageable, then run outside to see what it is.

In the sky, a few miles in the distance, the two can make out a faint black figure hovering towards Pelican Town. "Is that a helicopter?" Jessie asks. Haley's eyes widen, "Wow... I've only read about those things in books and seen them on TV, but, never in person!"

The helicopter flies into Pelican Town, where they both watch it slowly descend until it is out of their view. "Come on," Jessie says, "Let's get clothes on and go over there all dressed to impress!" Haley smirks, "I like your way of thinking, Jess," followed by a wink.

The two get ready, looking sharp and neat for the visitors from a faraway place. Jessie wears his usual white button-up shirt with the red bowtie, but now he has put a nice black peacoat over it. He wears a black pair of jeans and a pair of cowboy boots. Haley is wearing one of Jessie's big fur coats, with her leggings and sneakers poking out from underneath.

They hurry to town, trying not to take forever. In the center of the town, in the middle of the red brick circle, lies a now-dormant jet black helicopter. On the side is a prominently large crimson red eagle symbol, wings outstretched as if showing it's reign of power over all. The rotors atop of the metal beast are still slowly spinning from the wind. The side door opens, and out steps two men. Both of them wear grey greatcoats with black armbands on the left bicep with the same red eagle symbol. Their hats are fluffy brown ushankas, with red eagle pins on the front facing flap. Both men have a rifle strapped to their shoulders, which many of the residents in Pelican Town have never seen before.

Finally, a third man steps out. This man is different. He bears a bushy moustache and a pair of circular glasses. He has the same uniform as the other men, but he also wears a large red sash with a black eagle symbol and the supposed acronym "M.O.I." written across it. The three men look around the area, getting a feel for where they are. Finally, the older one with the sash gives a great big smile and speaks to Lewis with an unknown accent, "You must be 'Mayor Lewis,' no?" The Mayor nods and replies, "Yes, sir. You must be Executive Secretary Georgy Valentin!"

The main diplomatic envoy, Georgy, takes a walk with Mayor Lewis. Along the way a few Stardew Valley residents, Jessie included, follow behind with immense curiosity.

The two begin talking about things in both countries, starting with Lewis saying, "It has been a very very long time since I've last seen the 'Old Country.' What has happened since I immigrated?"