Chapter Five: Collisions

Later that evening, at around 8pm, Jessie makes his way to the bathhouse. His heart is racing and he can feel the adrenaline course through his veins. He enters the building and sits down on one of the pool chairs inside. He waits.

Nearly two hours pass, and nothing happens. He fell asleep on the chair. Suddenly, however, he hears a voice. "Jessie?" It startles him awake, and he immediately gets excited again but keeps his tired expression, "H-Haley? I've been waiting for you here..." The voice calls out again, "N-No... It's Emily."

Jessie turns around and rubs his eyes, "O-Oh. Hey, Emily... Where is Haley? She was supposed to meet me here to ask me something..." Emily's face is concerning, as she looks really worried, "That's the problem, Jess... I was coming here to see if she was with you. She said she was coming here tonight and I figured that her being gone for two hours was a little worrying..."

Jessie's eyes widen, "W-Wait... So you're saying she's not with you? Then... Oh god... Where is she!?" Emily jumps from his immediate panic attack, "N-No! I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation... Listen... Pam wasn't at the Stardrop Saloon like she normally was either. I'm thinking they may have gone off to Zuzu City or something in the old bus. I really don't know though... Going places like that without telling me? This isn't like her at all..."

Jessie sighs, "Yeah... I know. Let's get back to the Saloon and we can talk to Gus and see if he's heard anything lately from the regulars." Emily nods in agreement, "Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's go."

The two make their trek back towards Pelican Town. On their way there, they notice Demetrius pacing back and forth looking extremely worried. "Demetrius," Jessie says, "What's the matter?" Demetrius looks up at Jessie, "Oh! Farmer Jessie! I'm sorry... I just... Maru was supposed to be home nearly three hours ago, and she's completely gone. I went and checked the clinic and I got zero response from her and Harvey..."

Jessie looks at Emily and she returns the same concerned look, "Harvey left," Jessie said, "Mayor Lewis said he fled Stardew Valley. He said he left for Zuzu City, and was gonna flee the mainland for the Fern Islands," he turns to Emily, "Do you think Maru could have taken the bus with Pam and Haley to Zuzu City?" Emily nods, "That's a possibility... Maybe she was trying to find Harvey before he left?"

Demetrius sort of breathes a sigh of relief, "I hope that's the case. She's gonna be in trouble when she gets back though! I don't mind her going where she wants to, she's an adult, but she's scared me to death! Sheesh... Where are you kids off to..?"

Emily says, "We're off to the saloon to talk to Gus and see if he's heard any gossip about their whereabouts. We're just guessing that they went to Zuzu... We really don't know.. Haley is missing too." Demetrius immediately gets a worried expression again, "I hope your theory is correct... I can't work on any of my research knowing my girl is out there all alone... Mind if I tag along?"

Jessie nods, "Of course, Demetrius. The more people that are aware, the better." As they make their way further South towards the heart of town, thunder can be heard billowing in the distance. They arrive at the Saloon and all three of them sit at the bar. Gus is facing the other direction when he says, "Good evening. Have a seat and let me know what you want to drink."

Gus turns around to see the three differing faces all sitting together and looking worried. He chuckles, "You all look like you've seen ghosts. What's the matter?" Jessie and Emily begin talking at the same time, which makes them hard to hear. Eventually Demetrius pipes in, "Kids, kids, settle down, alright? Let me handle this. Alright. Gus, we've got three missing people in this town. My girl, Maru, Emily's sister, Haley, and Pam."

"Make it four," a voice calls out from the side of the room. The four turn to see Georgy standing against the wall, a cigar clamped in his teeth and his arms folded, "Sergiu's comms went dark earlier today. Haven't heard from him since he said he was getting on the bus with that Pam lady.