Chapter Seven: Escalation

Georgy looked at the pile of people leading to Sergiu's room. "How the hell did they even know he was here?" Georgy angrily shouts at Candace. "I-I don't know, sir! Someone must have spilled it and one of them overheard... I don't know!" She cries back.

Georgy begins to push and shove through the crowd. Some of the reporters even start trying to talk to him and interview him, but he shoves their cameras and notebooks away. At one instance, he even breaks a very expensive camera. He gets into Sergiu's room, and Misha is close behind doing the same thing Georgy was.

Misha finally gets into the room and smiles. From behind, someone can be heard shouting at the top of their lungs, "THE GOTORO EMPIRE WILL NEVER FALL!" This was followed by a very loud BAM. Misha would crumple to his knees in shock before- BAM. Another bullet would fly in and pierce the back of his neck, killing him instantly. He fell face forward onto the ground in a pool of his own blood.

Screams from the crowd could be heard as Georgy slammed the door shut, locking it, and pushing Sergiu's hospital bed out from in front of it. The, now muffled, screams begin dispersing in the hospital corridor. More gunshots can be heard through the door- BAM. BAM. BAM.- As three bullet holes tore through the door itself.

Georgy armed himself with his own service pistol and aimed it at the door. BAM. A bullet went straight through the door handle and ricochet into the floor at Georgy's feet. He stepped back as the gunman kicked the door open and covered behind the painted brick wall.

BAM. BAM. Georgy fired back as covering fire as he shuffled over in the room. The gunman pointed his gun inside and fired blindly. BAM. Right into Georgy's left shoulder. The adrenaline soared now, and Georgy was covered at the other side of the wall. He backed up towards the corner and aimed his gun at around eye-level of where he was standing.

Just as he thought, the gunman made a horrible move. He peeked inside the room. As soon as his head broke it's cover, Georgy saw him and he just registered where Georgy was when- BAM. One bullet, clean into the man's temple. The force threw his head back, and he spun to where he collapsed face first in the hallway, pointing down the right side of the hallway from the door.

Georgy shut the door again, walking back towards Sergiu and moving him over to where he was. "W-What happened, Comrade..?" Sergiu mutters. "Terrorist attack, Sergiu. Don't worry, though. I took care of him."

Soom after, footsteps could be heard in the hallway. By now, the screaming has all but disappeared as the crowds have already fled. "We know you are here, Arstotzkan. We come to mediate peace ourselves," someone says from outside the door. Georgy laughs, "And what makes you think I want to deal with you bastards anyways? Your guy killed one of my agents."

"It was necessary," the voice says, "Sacrificing oneself to pin the blame on the Gotoro Empire." Georgy raises an eyebrow, "You're not with the Gotoro Empire?" The voice responds, "Yes and no. The Empire is our homeland, but we are more of an underground organization. Locals call us 'Shusai-sha,' or 'Organizers.' We work for us."

"Treason isn't a very noble thing to do," Georgy responds, "Why are you even here?" The voice responds, "We come to talk to you. In private. We will die, yes, but our superiors can hear this conversation. We have earpiece technology, like you. We also have agents everywhere. Even West of Skoatia. We know of Arstotzka and their ideals. Their 'Communism.' It challenges our interests, to say the least."

Georgy laughs again, "Then you would know that I don't do deals with terrorists. Especially those who just killed a loyal agent of mine." The man snaps back, "We are not terrorists! We have existed far longer than the likes of your petty politics has, and we will outlive every empire there is," the voice pauses, "Trust me, Mr. Valentin. You have no idea how deep this really goes."