She's A Fleshy... Motherbox? Biological Motherbox?"

HAPPY HARBOR

October 15; 19:21 EDT

Marie walked out of the zeta-tube, she walked over to the group with Artemis, Brion, and Dick. Marie sees that there is one addition to the group, well two. She sees that there was one boy, with cybernetic prosthetics on his left arm, his shoulders, and face. Another kid was there but Marie just assumed he was Forager wearing the glamour charm as he was the only person missing.

"Okay, M'gann, we're all here," Dick spoke up, as they reached the group on the patio. "What happened?"

"I take it your first day at school was a bit atypical?" Artemis walks over to Violet.

"How would I know?" Violet says to her. " Maybe every day--"

"I know." M'gann cuts her off. "It was very atypical."

"Seems pretty normal to me." Marie jokes.

Brion walks over to the new addition to the group. "And who is this?"

"Victor Stone is Victor Stone," Forager tells him, confirming to Marie that the other boy was Forager.

"You guys really aren't freaked out by how I look?" Victor Stone questioned the group.

"You picked the right crowd," Conner assures him.

"Most of us have seen freakier." Marie adds, with a grin, as she stands beside Conner.

"Perhaps. But is Victor Stone freaked out by how Forager looks?" Forager takes off his glamour charm, revealing his true form, Victor looks back at Forager and is taken back. Victor lets out a shout of surprise and stumbles back to the ground. Forager frown, "Hmm. Apparently, Victor Stone is."

"No, no. I'm sorry." Victor stutters, "You've been great. You just caught me off guard."

"Way off guard." Jefferson helps Victor up from the ground.

"Way off guard," Victor repeats.

Dick coughed. "Uh, still haven't heard what happened."

"At school today, Violet Harper opened a Boomtube, as if Violet Harper was a Motherbox," Forager explains.

"What?" Everyone exclaims, everyone moved forward in surprise.

Violet nods with a hum. "It's true. I didn't know I could do it until I did it. Then it seemed, well, natural."

"But even for a meta-human of your abilities, how is that possible?" Dr. Jace asked. Marie glared at the woman as she spoke, she just couldn't shake a feeling when she was around the woman, she didn't understand it.

"Maybe I know," Conner spoke up. "When we were at Bedlam Central, I spotted a dissected Motherbox."

"Of course." Dr. Jace said. "That must be the device Baron Bedlam gave to Doctor Ecks. Simon tried to learn its secrets, but only succeed in destroying it. There was a burst of energy, then the machine went dead."

"Not just dead. Murdered." Conner corrects. "Motherboxes are living computers. That burst of energy? It was probably Motherbox's soul escaping."

"Hello, Megan." Artemis slapped her forehead. "Doctor Fate sensed an old soul in Halo's very young body. And the first time I saw Halo, Vertigo's crew was burying her. Bedlam wasn't in the business of ditching powerful meta-humans, so they must've legit thought she was dead. Maybe Gabrielle Daou did die. But the Motherbox's soul-energy, or whatever you wanna call it, merged with Gabrielle's body and resurrected it as..."

"As me." Violet finishes. "I told you I wasn't Gabrielle."

"You did," Artemis says. "Over and over. I'm sorry I didn't understand."