Returning The Wallet To It's Rightful Owner

Me: *walking along and sees someone's wallet on the sidewalk* Oh, someone must have dropped their wallet!

Steven: It has money in it! 50 bucks!

SkittishReflections: Steven, don't you dare steal that money! The wallet must be returned to it's rightful owner. Hmm. *looks at the driver license* Jeffrey Statler. Here's his address.

Me: *takes the wallet* His house is right there! *rings the doorbell*

Jeffrey Statler: *opens the door* Yes?

Me: Sir, I found your wallet! It was lying on the sidewalk!

Jeffrey Statler: Oh! Thank you so much! I was looking all over for it! *gets his wallet from me* At least, my money didn't get stolen! I was afraid that someone would take my wallet, and spend my money! Again, thank you so much!

Me: No problem, sir!

SkittishReflections: Dude, you are the coolest dude! That was kind of you to return his wallet!

Me: Yup!

Steven: No fair!! I wanted that money!

SkittishReflections: Shut up, Steven! That money didn't belong to you!

This story was written on Friday, March 5th, 2021.

A/N I did the right thing! And Steven wanted to spend that man's money! How selfish can one be? Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.