Chapter Twenty-one: Puppeteer VS Kunoichi p.2

Well said. This actually situation actually proves that when someone is in need, a hero comes and helps. Just when you thought the fight was over, think again. And just when she was about to lose, saviors come and help.

        “Team Gai.” Sakura said, impressively.

        Gai looked at them for an instant, “We couldn’t just watch her suffer and take all the risks,”

    Sakura flashed a smile that says ‘this-isn’t-over-yet’ to Sasori, which made him twitch in annoyance towards that stupid expression of the pinkette.

       “By the way, next time, if you’re going to give us the same clones to battle with, remember that the original always wins.” Gai smirked, “Because an original is worth more than a copy.”

       Team Gai went near Sakura and Chiyo as they locked their eyes on Sasori. Sakura was still healing herself because of the poison in her body which was still going through her veins.

        Sasori stared at them, hiding shock. But after a few moments, he smirked like he was so lucky. Like he knows what’s going to happen next.

        “Allies,” he said, nodding. “Friends. Help. I never knew that some of your friends would come here and save you. That just proves more that you can’t handle things with yourself, Sakura Haruno.” At that moment, Sakura frowned.

        “I’ll let this pass since I want fun. But I’m going to ask you this,” Sasori averted his eyes on Gai, Tenten, and Neji who was staring at him with frowned faces.

        Sasori’s smirk grew wider, “Are you willing to take the risk?”

        Risk?

        Sakura mentally went nervous. Risk? What is he talking about?  The pinkette wondered.

        Neji thought mentally. Willing to take the risk? What does he mean?

        Sasori chuckled at their reactions, “If you decide to help her, there’s no backing out. You must tell me if you’re willing to take the risk.”

        “What is the risk?” asked Gai.

        “The risk…” Sasori mumbled. “The risk is the possibility that you die in this fight.”

*****

        The blonde Akatsuki member’s bird landed on the forest as he looks at his surroundings. “I guess the cost is clear,” he says to himself, “I’ll be leaving this Kazekage’s body here, we have no use—“

        “You can just give him to us rather than to throw his body here!” boomed a loud voice—Deidara turned around and now he knows who claimed that voice, Naruto Uzumaki with his teacher and teammate.

        “Sorry kid, no refunds.” Deidara simply answered.

        Naruto’s blood boiled in anger, “WHAT THE?! REFUNDS?! GAARA IS NOT A THING FOR KAMI’S SAKE!” Naruto couldn’t take this anymore. He was wearing out of control. Obviously, the only thing he has is anger towards the Akatsuki member. In despair, he didn’t realize that red chakra cloak was already forming in his body as black, thick line covered the inches of his mouth. His eyes became more daring, as it became reddish and his nails grew wider.

        “This is trouble.” Kakashi mumbled as he signaled Sasuke to back off. They both jumped into a tree to watch Naruto.

        “Why don’t you stop him, Kakashi?” Sasuke questioned.

        Kakashi replied without looking at Sasuke, “Because we have to let him be one with the tailed beast. I can’t stop him at this point of time because he’s slowly drifting away.”

        Sasuke raised an eyebrow, “Isn’t that a bad thing?”

        Kakashi chuckled without any expression, “Yep,” he answers, “But it would be better if we let him throw away all his anger. In this way, he would also be able to stop Deidara and pretty sure, he would go back to normal after that because he still can’t control the Nine-tails. Besides, he gets tired fast when he uses the Kyuubi’s chakra.”

        Sasuke didn’t respond.

        “Believe it or not, Sasuke. Many things happened when you were gone. Naruto changed, so did Sakura.”

***

        “Ah shit!” All of them fell on the ground with Sasori’s attacks. It was totally useless and reckless to do such a thing—to attack him without even looking at his weak points.

       Neji used his Byakugan. He scanned his figure while Tenten, Gai, Sakura and Chiyo were laying down. As if on cue, he found out something that can end this fight.

        “S-Sakura…” they were all tired and beat up. Tenten and Gai gave in while Sakura stood up to look at Neji. “Sakura…”

        “Are you okay, N-Neji?” she asked with shaking voice. He nodded.

        “S-Sakura… listen,” Neji whispers, “At the center of Sasori’s puppet body, it has life core that enables him to live her. Destroy his body and destroy that life machine inside of him. It’s the only thing that can stop him…” and with that, Neji also got defeated.

 *******

Author's Note

Happy Valentines! Even tho it's already the 15th haha

An update to say that I love you guys. <3

Mwamwah! And sorry that it's short. I am so busy at school. :o