Chapter Twenty-two: Winning

Author's Note

Yeah sorry for the late update. I just finished my exams and NAT. :) Hope I still have readers waiting for the updates. Love you guys! <3

***

Shaking, the pink haired kunoichi still chose to stand up and fight. Sasori looked at her, annoyed, but at the same time, inpressed by how this girl managed to fight for her friends, her teammates, her village...and herself.

"I don't understand why you're trying so hard to be number one, Haruno Sakura." That was the only statement that came out of Sasori's mouth afterwards.

Sakura shook her head with a weak smile plastered on her face. Standing up, she wiped the blood on the corner of her mouth, "I don't aim to be number one in my team, Sasori. You just didn't interpret me well enough."

The red head couldn't possibly be wrong with his hypothesis towards the kunoichi. He was smart, and he knew what the girl wanted in this cruel world. His pride didn't let him go wrong, in any angle.

"Stop fooling me," he said, looking at the fragile girl, "I know what you want. I know you aim to be stronger. I know that you hate being an option."

This time, Sakura smiled at him and met his eyes. Her smile wasn't a fake one, it was a real, weak and sad smile.

"You're right." She stated, "I don't want to be an option nor a back up plan. I don't want to be a second choice. I don't want to live in the shadows of my team. Yes, you're right. But somehow, you're also wrong."

Sasori stared at her, waiting for her to add something else.

Sakura returned the suspicious stare that Sasori gave him but later on, she ended up wiping her face.

Because she was already crying.

"You're right. I'm weak and I'm just an option, a second choice. But I never wanted to be number one, I just want to be appreciated. You're wrong because...being weak is not a bad thing." Sakura managed to say as tears streamed down her honest face.

She looked at him. For the very first time, he felt...guilty.

"Sometimes, people should be weak in order to become strong."

The red head couldn't comprehend what the pinkette was trying to send him. Was this a plan to make him guilty and be soft with her? Is she trying to manipulate and mock him?

He was really hoping that Sakura was doing those things. He was wishing that Sakura was just planning this so that she could win.

He was praying that Sakura was doing this for herself, but no. She was actually telling him her problems and how she feels- which made him guilty towards his insensitive actions.

He is not suppose to care, but it feels like he also went in the same situation which Sakura's feeling.

"I realize that being weak is not that bad. People aren't able to be strong every time. There will always be that moment when they break down and weep. You can't stay strong forever."

You can't stay strong forever.

***

The silver-haired man and ravenette watched the blonde Akatsuki member flew away with his clay bird. Naruto has fallen asleep due to his reckless action- letting the Nine-tails take over him.