Sam

I was trapped, frustrated and angry. I couldn't believe Luke had managed to break free and sent me back to his subconscious. I was angry and annoyed with myself that I'd been too confident, believing that I could overpower Luke. I had been wrong. He was stronger that I gave him credit from. In the end I won. I finally broke free.

During the run through the hospital, and the dash through the rain, all I could think about was how I was going to kill Russell and Louise. I might be trapped in Luke's mind, but I could still plan, I could plot, and when I emerge, I would be ready, ready to finish my objective. Luke doesn't understand. He thinks he has gone mad again, lost his mind like he did when he was a teenager. He hoped I'd gone away, but he was wrong. I'd always been here, waiting for the perfect moment to break free and make things right. If only Luke could understand that I was doing this all for him. He would appreciate what I had done when they were all dead. He would then be free, and I would go back to sleep, allowing Luke to feel normal.

I could still hear his screams. When I'd been trying to kill Russell by altering his IV dosage, Luke was fuming, filling my mind with rage and sorrow. He wanted me to stop. He kept pleading, begging me not to kill Russell. If it hadn't been for Louise or that nurse, I would have done it. I would have killed Russell. Now, I had to think of another plan. Despite my failure with Russell, fate, luck, good timing, whatever you want to call it, had given me Louise. A captive audience.

'Hello Louise. It's good to meet you,' I said, looking menacing at her pretty face. I could see the confusion on her face. It was comical, and I was enjoying the moment. Fear is something I relish. Feeling their fear, sensing it, seeing it, and even smelling me, is exhilarating. Its euphoric. Louise looked scared, and I felt alive.
'Luke,' she stammered. Her expression was that of confusion.
'No. Not Luke. I'm Sam.'
Louise screwed up her face, trying to figure out what was happening. Was Luke playing a strange joke on her? Was he trying to mess with her?
'Sam?' She paused, studying my face. 'Luke don't mess around. What are you doing?' There was a slight tremble in Louise's voice. I could hear it. She was scared. Or at least was starting to.
'I'm not messing around. I've been looking forward to meeting you.'
'Luke. What's going on?'
She wasn't getting it. I listened to the rain, pattering heavily against the windscreen, and tried to stay calm. How long until she understood?
'I already told you! I'm not Luke. I'm Sam.'
Her lip was trembling at the sound of my raised voice. Fear had overtaken her, and I was enjoying every moment. I could see that she was trying to put the pieces together, trying to understand what was going on. Louise had started the car engine, and the gentle rumble from the engine echoed throughout the confined space. Warm air blasted from the vents and moved her long, dark hair around her face. She was an attractive woman. Prettier than Jessica. But I could never let Luke know that. Louise would have been my first choice. Not that tramp Jessica.
'Ok,' said Louise, finally smiling, trying to hide how scared she was. 'You want to play. I'll play.'
'This is not a game!' I yelled. I took a deep breath. 'Sorry. I'm not playing. Luke is not here, I am.'
'Are you going to explain what is going on?' asked Louise.
She was a tough woman. Despite how scared she was, Louise did her best to mask it, but I could smell her fear, she was petrified. Finally, the Psychologist was thinking. She was asking the right questions.
'Luke hasn't told you, as he?'
'Told me what?'
'About me, has he?'
Louise shook her head, trying to compose herself, trying to stay calm. I could see it on her face. Her expression, her eyes, her mouth, all gave away signs of being frightened.
'Have you heard of Jekyll and Hyde? Of course you have, everyone has. Dual personalities. One good, one bad. Although I don't like to think of myself as bad, more of an influence to do good. Does that make sense?'
Louise was frozen. Her stare deep and wide. Big eyes looking at me like I was an alien. This time she was visibly worried.
'You ok? I asked, noticing the shaking hands. 'Are you scared?' I waited, allowing her to process what I'd told her, but she remained silent.
'I suggest you drive. Let's head back to yours and we can continue this nice chat.'