Ch.1 I Will Stop

■3rd Person POV■

2nd-year L/N Y/N is currently standing in front of Shiratorizawa's volleyball Ace, Ushijima Wakatoshi, a 2nd year.

The two have known each other since they're young as Y/N's parents and Ushijima's mother are friends.

Y/N likes Ushijima since they're in junior high school. How she was attracted to his devotion to volleyball, and his strong demeanor. But Y/N knew the side where Ushijima could be really gentle because she saw that before. That's also one of the reasons she fell in love with him.

Right now in their 2nd year of high school, Y/N decided that she wants to confess her feeling for him. Because she knew that they're both gonna be busy when they're in their 3rd year. Plus after highschool, Ushijima might move from this prefecture to pursue his volleyball career.

Ushijima: what is it Y/N? The dorm curfew will come any minute...

Ushijima stares at his childhood friend. She's always been around him, watches his practice, comes to his games, and sometimes they study together.

Y/N looks up at Ushijima, eyes staring deeply into his, makes Ushijima taken aback a little.

Y/N: Wakatoshi... I... I like Wakatoshi...

Ushijima was stunned for a sec at her confession. He stares at the girl in front of him, shutting her eyes tightly, face all flushed.

Something is building up in him, then he shook his mind internally. He can't be distracted, he needs to focus on volleyball so one day he could meet his father again. So he decides on an answer.

Ushijima: that...

Y/N looks up at his childhood friend and crush, as he stares back at her and averts his gaze somewhere else.

Ushijima: It'll be bothersome... you are distracting me...

■Ushijima's POV■

I watch as her eyes widened at my answer. Yes, I can't be distracted by anything right now. Y/N, she's always around me for as long as I could remember, and sometimes her presence distracts me.

Y/N: ah... o-okay... of course hehe... Wakatoshi needs to focus on your dream after all...

I flinched a little, she's smiling at me. Isn't she mad? even I realize how harsh I sounded just now, it came out harsher than I planned. But I know, she's not someone who easily got mad, in fact, I never see her mad.

Y/N takes a step back a little, eyes on the ground.

Ushijima: Y/N...

Y/N: I just want to tell you Wakatoshi... now my chest feels lighter... thank you for listening... um now I'll go back to my dorm... you too should go Wakatoshi... good night

Y/N smiles at me and turns her back on me, heading to the girls' dorm. Seeing her back as she walks further, somehow makes my chest clenches.

Her smile just now... it's not her usual one...

Something just doesn't feel right and my body moves on its own. I caught her arm, even I'm surprised. It's just, something feels wrong.

Ushijima: Y/N... you ok-

She looks back at me, face brimming with tears. It feels like my heart skips a beat. Y/N pulls her hand gently out of my grasp.

Y/N: I'm so-sorry Wakatoshi...

Why are you apologizing?

Y/N: I uh... I'm really okay... I just need time... um and...

You're not okay...

Y/N: I... Wakatoshi you don't have to worry anymore... I... will stop distracting you... I hope, no, I'm sure you'll become a great volleyball player...

She smiles at me, this one is her genuine smile but tears are brimming on her cheeks.

Y/N turns her back once again.

Y/N: uh Wakatoshi hurry up and go to your dorm... good night...

Y/N runs away from me, heading to her dorm or probably just getting away from me.

I hurt her...

■Y/N's POV■

I run as fast as I could, getting into my dorm, and walks into my room. Closing the door a little bit hard than I intended to.

Akane: Y/N where have you been? It's rare for you to come back this late even after watching the volleyball team...

I hear my roommate's voice and her steps as she's getting closer. My knees grew weak as I slump down, and hid my face on my knees.

Akane: have you done your math hom- Y/N! Hey, what's wrong??

It hurts...

Akane lift my face up and staring into my eyes. I can see how worried she is.

Y/N: Akane... (sobs)

Akane: hey hey... it's alright... come on let's get you to bed...

Akane walks me to my bed as I sit down and bury my face on her shoulder. She's patting my back.

Akane: Hey, what happened?

Even before I did it, I know his answer...

Y/N: I... Wakatoshi... rejected me..

Akane: what? Did he do it harshly? That Ushijima getting ahead of hims-

Y/N: No...

That's just how Wakatoshi is... I know that yet I...

Y/N: he... didn't do anything... I already know the answer from the beginning...

I know... yet... I'm still hurt...

Y/N: It's just... hurt... I like him so much... for so long... (sobs)

Akane: there there sweet girl...

Akane tightened her arms around me.

Akane: I'm sure you'll get over him eventually... but...

Akane pushes me back a little and stares into my eyes tenderly, she looks worried. She wipes my tears away.

Akane: it'll be hard to do that if you're still hanging around him... Tomorrow all of us are going back to our place and your place is close to him... want to stay at mine this holiday?

Akane offers me kindly. That's true, seeing Wakatoshi could make it harder for me to forget my feelings. Even when  I don't see him, I could still have him on my mind.

"Ushijima: It'll be bothersome, you are distracting me"

Wakatoshi's words from earlier, ring in my head. I'm distracting him, he might be bothered as I always linger around him. Every holiday I always come to visit him or just watch him as he practice.

I will stop bothering him...

Y/N: please... let me stay at your place this holiday Akane...

Akane smiles at me and pats my head. I called my mom telling her that this holiday I won't be going home and stay at Akane's place instead. I'll stop by maybe for a couple of days maybe.

I will stop...

It's for Wakatoshi...

And for me...