Ch.9 Our Study Session

■3rd Person POV■

The mid-semester exam is around the corner, the third year students are all starting to focus more on their studies. It's been three days since Y/N watched Touma's practice and Ushijima told her to keep her eyes on him.

Since then, Ushijima always is the first to greet whenever they passed. When she comes to watch him practice, Ushijima would always spare a glance at her and walk her back to the dorm after. These changes in Ushijima weren't gone unnoticed by his mates, some of them are surprised to see this side of him, but Tendo, Semi, and Ohira are quite pleased to see him like this.

 Actually, his friends know Y/N's feelings from long ago, as the girl always comes to watch their practice, and always be by Ushijima's side. They felt bad for her before, as Ushijima didn't really care when she's around. But now, the situation change, Ushijima is the one who's trying to get close to her. Even though Ushijima doesn't know what kind of feeling he has for Y/N yet, his friends are aware of it, and they're happy to see him like this.

Seeing Ushijima's slight change makes it harder for Y/N to forget her feelings for him. Y/N's happy that Ushijima has become kinder than before, but she doesn't want to get ahead of herself. 

The bell rings, it's time for class. Y/N walks with Akane, going out of the cafeteria when Ushijima's voice was heard. Ushijima approaches the two, Tendo is behind him as he cheerfully waves at Akane makes the girls scoff. The redhead and the blondy start to bickers as soon as they see each other, more of Tendo annoys Akane.

Ushijima: Y/N...

Y/N: what is it Wakatoshi?

Ushijima: Wanna study together after school? 

Y/N was surprised by the offer, she used to be the one who asks to study together with him. This makes her happy.

Y/N: uh... yes, I want to...

Akane: Then I'll come too... I'm not letting my Y/N alone with this heartless bastard...

Y/N: A-Akane...

Ushijima just stares at Akane and Y/N and nods his head, meaning he agrees. 

Tendo: well, I'm not letting y captain precious time get damaged by you, so I'll go too~

Y/N: it'll be fun to study together... Wakatoshi...

Y/N is smiling at Wakatoshi, happy that she will study together with her friends. Ushijima, doesn't mind that Tendo and Akane tag along, he just wants to focus on studying and he needs Y/N around him. Truth to be told, deep down he wishes that there could only be the two of them studying together.

Just then.

Touma: Can I join? studying together sounds fun~

Everyone looks at Touma as he's walking toward them. 

Touma glances at Ushijima and vice versa. Tendo and Akane exchanges glance and turn their gaze back at Ushijima, Y/N, and Touma. The two could feel some sort of tension in the air as both captains stare at each other.

Y/N: it's okay Hisui kun, you can join... right Wakatoshi?

Ushijima and Touma look at Y/N who's smiling at them, the tension seems died down.

Tendo: L/N chan is amazing...

Akane: she sure is...

■Y/N'POV■

Hisui kun, Akane, Tendo, Wakatoshi, and I are studying in the library right now. The five of us sitting at the same table focusing on ur studies. Wakatoshi sits on my right side, while Hisui is on my left.