Ch.7 By Your Side

■3rd Person POV■

It's the last period, all of the students are in their classes. A teacher walks through the hallway in a hurry, the students from class four watch as that teacher walks past their class, heading to class five, Ushijima also looks at that teacher.

The teacher knocks on the door before slides the class's door open. Everyone in class five looks at the teacher.

Teacher1: excuse me sir, I need to speak with L/N Y/N...

The teacher whispers to the teacher that currently teaching. The teachers call Y/N's name, and Y/N gets up from her seat, feeling a little bit antsy. Y/N bows her head to the teacher in class and walks out of the class with the other teacher.

Y/N: what is it Mrs.?

Teacher1: I want you to listen, please calm down okay... We got a call from the hospital, your mother was admitted to the hospital earlier because she collapsed in her office.

Y/N feels as the blood drained from her body. She remembers the day her father passed away, it was the same, she was called by the teacher. Y/N's knees getting weak and the teacher sees this so she holds her up and helps her walk to the teacher's lounge.

When they walk in front of class four, Ushijima sees Y/N's face as she looks frightened. Ushijima raises his hand and excuses himself from the teacher. When he walks out of his class, he catches up with Y/N and the teacher that are about to climb down the stairs.

Ushijima: excuse me...

The teacher looks back and so does Y/N. The moment Y/N sees Ushijima's face, tears finally fall roll down her cheeks.

Y/N: Waka...toshi...

Ushijima's body stiffens as he sees Y/N cries. The teacher told him what happens with Y/N's mother. Ushijima knows exactly that Y/N is worried, her mother is the only one that she has. Ushijima made up his mind, he pulls out his handkerchief and hands it to Y/N

Ushijima: please wait for a moment... I'll go with her... I'm going to ask for permission first.

Ushijima goes back to his class and explains to his teacher that he's going to come with Y/N. He comes and picks Y/N up at the teacher lounge, and the two go to the appointed hospital with a cab called by the school.

When they arrived at the hospital, they immediately go to Y/N's mother's room. There her mother is unconscious on the bed, the doctor is examining her once more. The two could only see her from the door, for now, waiting for the doctor to finish.

Y/N: Mo..ther...

Ushijima: Y/N... breathe... calm down... she's gonna be alright... 

Y/N: Wakatoshi... (sobs) Mother is... I only have her... (sobs) I'm... gonna be alone...

Ushijima feels pain as he sees Y/N's current state. He reaches out and pulls Y/N to his body and hugs her. Y/N's body stiffens as warmth surrounding her body as she is pressed to Ushijima's large figure.

Y/N: Wakatoshi...

Ushijima: I'm here... I'm right by your side... calm down, everything will be alright...

More tears come out of her eyes and she clutches on Ushijima's jacket. Ushijima gently strokes her hair and looks at her mother. 

A doctor came and explain to them what happens. Thankfully nothing bad is happening to her, she's just exhausted and needs more rest. Y/N and Ushijima bow their head to the doctor and the doctor let them in into the room as her mother is awake.

■Y/N's POV■

Wakatoshi and I walk to the bedside and I hold my mother's hand. Even though the doctor said that she will be fine, I couldn't help but worried about her.