Ch.2 Off

■Y/N's POV■

I've just arrived at Akane's house along with her and her family. Akane wasn't originally from Miyagi, she's from Iwate, so now I'm north from Miyagi.

I decided to stay in Akane's place during this holiday because I want to avoid Wakatoshi. I don't want him to see me cry again.

I was looking at the city through Akane's room window when I feel a tap on my back. I look back to meet with Akane's worried face.

Akane: you okay? If you're not, I'm so gonna kick that Ushijima ass when school starts.

Y/N: uh no Akane... I just... oh the view is nice...

Akane: have I told you that you're a bad liar?

Akane ruffles my hair and pulls my hand, getting us out of her room and eventually out of her house.

Akane: forget him, let's have some fun around here, I'll take you around!

Akane, she's trying her best to cheer me up. I can't weep around all the time. It could make Wakatoshi uncomfortable too if I meet him again and I'm still like this.

I take a deep breath and nod at Akane. With that Akane and I walk around and do fun things together. Gradually, I'm sure I'll forget my feelings for Wakatoshi.

■Ushijima's POV■

I check my phone and there is no chat from Y/N. Usually, during holidays, she would ask whether I'm free or not and would come to my place or see me practice.

She's definitely upset...

I walk out of my room and see my mother and grandmother. They turn their gaze at me.

Ushi mom: where are you heading?

Ushijima: L/N's house

Grandmother: Y/N? she used to be the one who comes...

I just bow my head and take my leave. I'm planning to apologize to her if I hurt her feelings.

I arrived at her place and press on the bell. I hear someone comes closer and the sliding door is open. There Y/N's mother is standing and smiling at me.

Y/N mom: Wakatoshi, hello! what brought you here?

Ushijima: good afternoon, is Y/N home?

Her mother looks surprised for a second.

Y/N mom: oh my, Y/N didn't tell you? This holiday she'll be staying at Akane's house in Iwate, Akane invited her to.

I was surprised, she didn't tell me. Is she, avoiding me?

"Y/N: I will stop distracting you"

I feel a hand tapped my shoulder and I look down to see Y/N's mother staring at me worriedly.

Y/N mom: is everything okay Wakatoshi kun? You're spacing out...

Ushijima: I... I'm sorry...

I bow my head at her and look at her. Y/N's mother is startled by my action just now.

Ushijima: I think, I hurt her feelings so I came to apologize...

Y/N mom: Oh my, you guys are fighting? It's the first time...

Y/N's mother chuckles and then taps my shoulder again.

Y/N mom: I'm sure you guys will makeup... Y/N could never hate you Wakatoshi, because you're her first friend since we moved here... and you're always around when she lost her father...