Ch.11 Warm Cheeks

■3rd Person POV■

This is the season for Spring Interhigh Volleyball Tournaments. Shiratorizawa manages to push through the Miyagi prefectural preliminaries and now they're facing Karasuno in the final to decide which one will get the ticket to Tokyo. 

This is Ushijima and the other third year's last tournament as Shiratorizawa's volleyball team. Everyone is doing their best, both teams show an amazing play. Y/N and Akane are watching from the bleachers, along with the other Shiratorizawa's supporters, even Touma is present.

Like in any other matches, Ushijima gives an amazing play, and manage to pressure Karasuno's team along with the other Shiratorizawa's member.

Everyone is expecting Shiratorizawa to win the preliminary like it always been, but that thing didn't happen.

The ball fell to Shiratorizawa's side of the court. Everyone in the hall went silent for a sec, can't believe what just happened. The Karasuno member screams as they won the game of the preliminary, and the hall is filled with cheers and such.

Y/N brought her hands to her mouth, can't believe that Shiratorizawa lost the game. She admits that Karasuno is an amazing team. She couldn't help but shed a tear, after watching how hard her friends play. 

Y/N sees as Ushijima doesn't look like he regrets anything, he still puts on his usual expression. But when she averts her gaze to the other, she sees Semi, Ohira, and the others are crying. Ushijima is definitely sad that they lost, but he didn't regret it. 

Ushijima looks up at the bleachers where he spots Y/N who's crying and Akane is patting her. The two meet eyes, and Ushijima flashes her a quick smile before lining up.

■Y/N's POV■

I just got back from the Sendai Gymnasium with Akane and Hisui kun. We stopped by at a cafe close to the gym earlier, and when it's getting a little dark outside, we decided to go back to Shiratorizawa.

We're now walking to the dorm when I have the urge to go somewhere else

Y/N: um Akane... Hisui... I, you can go on without me... I have somewhere to go first...

Akane: Ushijima won't cry or weep... you don't have to worry...

I was stunned when Akane says that. Am I really that obvious? I just really want to see Wakatoshi, even though I know he's isn't the type who's going to cry or anything, but I'm still worried.

Akane: hft... go on... 

I look up at Akane and Hisui, Hisui turns my body around and pushes me to the face of the gym area. But then I can feel that he leans in closer, and whisper to me.

Touma: Chairmate chan, if I lost in a game, will you comfort me too? 

I look back at him but he just smiles and waves his hand. Why did he ask me that? I wave my hand at the two of them and leave for the gym.