Chapter 6 - Shivers

*First person*

~~~~

You waited for Dylan to answer the phone as you make your way to the club and him used to go to when things where somewhat normal. Dylan, he's been my best friend since primary school. He was the only one who knew where I was when I decided to leave for 6 years. After a couple of attempts to reach him he finically picked up.

"Y/n? It's 3 in the morning, what's wrong, are you okay?" He said in his sleepy voice. It was clear I had just woke him up.

"Yeah, all's good, grab something nice and meet me at the club we used to go to yeah? See you there in ten." I said I hung up.

When I got to the club, it was packed just like it usually was, I saw  Dylan and he's still half asleep by the looks of things, he's wearing two different socks and his jumper is on back to front.

"Hey" he says as he kissed me on the cheek.

"Well clearly someone is still sleepy" I tease.

We both went into the club and it was easy to say we had a fun time.

~~~~~~

I wake up to see Dylan beside me, I'm back home, in my bed but I'm too sure how I got here and I have such a bad head ache. Dylan is still asleep so I decide to make my way down the stairs to the kitchen. I need some headache tablets. You look down to see your just in a pair of shorts and a crop top. I didn't even remember getting changed.

As I enter the living room, I take a look around and see everyone doing their own thing.

"Afternoon" Tony said

"Why are you shouting" I whisper.

Everyone laughs quietly as I make my way to the kitchen. My head it pounding.

"Looks like someone had fun last nite" Bucky states as he sees Dylan come down from my room.

I roll my eyes as I take my tablets and sit beside Nat on the couch. As Dylan centres the room I throw him some tablet which is was clear he needed. He sits beside me and I lean against him.

"Dylan, great to see you again" Tony blurts out. I instantly flinch as he just seems so loud. There's a ringing in my ears that won't seem to leave. Dylan grumbles something that sounded like great to see you too but it wasn't clear.

~~~~~~

After lunch that Wanda and Sam made, Dylan decided it was time for him to head home. He had work tomorrow which he had to get ready for. It was clear he had a severe hangover and he would be lucky to be able to go tomorrow. He works as a firefighter so you can see the difficulty he may face. I go and sit back down on the couch after he leaves. It's just Sam, Bucky, Nat, Steve and me.

"So y/n, how long you two been a thing?" Sam asks. I notice Steve tense up and sets down his book to listen in.

"We aren't" I say quickly as I turn to face him.

"Seem pretty cosy to me" adds Bucky.

"Best friends since primary school. It will never happen and he has a girlfriend, she works night shifts, she's a nurse if you must know, that's why she wasn't with us last nite." I quickly add the last part to make them drop it now.

"If you say so" Sam smirks.

"Leave her alone guys" Nat finally says looking up from her phone.

"Thank you" I mutter as I lie back on the couch and bring my legs up to my chest. It was nice to have a few minutes of peacefulness before...

"I know the best thing for a hangover!" Bucky shouts as he nudges Sam who is sat beside him on the other couch.

"What?" I stupidly ask without opening my eyes.

They both stand up carefully and quietly and make there way over to me. Before I know it I'm being lifted and I've been thrown in the pool outside. Holy shit it's freezing.

"She's going to kill them" Nat laughs while her and Steve watch from the side.

Definitely one way to wake someone up I guess. "I am going to kill both of you" I shout as I make my way out of the pool. It would have been alright if it had been sunny or even a bit hotter than 5° but no, the had to do it on what feels like the most freezing day of the year yet. They both run away and lock me out. It isn't too long before Steve lets me in again and hands me a towel.

"Thanks" I say as I shiver

"I don't know which way they went" Nat says as she winks and point towards the kitchen.

"I'll get t-them back... l-later" I stutter as I feel like a snowman.

"Yeah I think you better get a hot shower, not want anyone getting a cold" Steve says as he rubs my back.

I just nod my head in agreement and make my way upstairs to get a nice hot shower.

"That was the most stupid thing you could have done to her" Steve says to Bucky and Sam as they both try to hold in their laughs and giggles. "Unbelievable!" Steve adds as he shouts at them as if they are his kids.

"What's going on?" Tony asks as he enters the room

"Bucky and Sam threw y/n into the pool, Steve's annoyed at them and y/n is away for a shower to warm up" Nat informs Tony.

"So that's why there is wet footprints heading up the stairs" he says

"Both of you need to apologise to her when she gets back" Steve says before lifting his book to continue off where he left.

~~~~~~

After my shower I decided it was best to go back and rejoin the group. As I finished tiding my room I heard a knock on my door.

"Dinners ready" Wanda says as she slowly opens the door, "I made lasagne" she says peeking her head in the door.

"Let's go then" you say and walk down to the kitchen with her, she asked about my day and I told her about being thrown in the pool, she laughed the whole way to the kitchen.

"What's so funny?" Clint asks while he sits at the table getting stuck into his lasagne

"Y-y/n, t-thrown in the, in the pool" she says in between laughs. It was hard to laugh with her, he laugh is so contagious.

Steve hands you a plate as you make your way over to the table.

"Thanks but I'm not really that hungry" I  say setting the plate down and lifting a banana instead.

"You should eat something hot" he says, I look at him and notice he looks worried.

"I'm fine, just not hungry" I reassure him, with a smile as I take my seat at the table.

Steve clears his throat as he sits down and look at Sam and Bucky. Like a father looking disappointed at his two younger children. They both sigh as they stand up. What's happening?

"We are sorry for throwing in the pool y/n" they both mumble.

Everyone can't help but laugh. I raise my eyebrow in shock. Them two actually saying sorry! I couldn't believe my eyes.

~~~~~~~~
What should y/n do to get them back?
Leave ideas in the comments.
Word count 1257