Chapter 9 - Breaking news!

"I cant believe you have never f/m. It's my favourite of all time." I said socked as I set the empty bowl on the table again.

"There's a lot of thing's I'm missed out on, I'm still catching up" he laughs as he his head towards you. He stares as you in awe and he can't help the smile that creeps on his lips. He quickly turns his head back to the tv when he realises this and is slightly blushing. "So he's the bad guy, right?" He asks to try and make sense of the movie.

"I'll just put it back to the start" I go to grab the remote and so does Steve at the same time. You hands collide with each other. I into his eyes and for a moment I get lost in them.

"Sorry" Steve mumbles as he quickly takes his hand away and looks back at the tv.

"No, it's fine" I smirk as I rewind it back.

~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning and I feel kind of restrained. As I look down I see arms wrapped around my waist and I freak out for a second before turning around to see Steve sleeping, so peacefully. I couldn't wake him, could I? Should I wake him? But he looks so peaceful and this is kind of comfy. No stop. You can't think that, remember why you are here! As I decide not to wake him and lay my head back down on the pillow I can feel him wakening up. This is going to be awkward.

Steve wakes up and realises where his hands are and immediately removes them best he can trying not to wake you. Until he realises your awake too.

"I'm sorry" he says quietly as he sits up.

"It's alright, nothing happened. We just fell asleep after the movie" I convince him. Trying my best not to make this anymore awkward. "No one need to know right" I ask, just to make sure we are on the same page.

"Right," he breaths a sigh of relief.

"Ms stark, Mr stark wishes to see you in his lab" JARVIS interrupts. Not quick enough if you ask Steve by the look on his face. He looks so embarrassed and shy. Like a kid that's got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"I bet get going then" I smirk as I get up to head down to the lab. Steve lies on the bed for a minute after you leave, he doesn't to get caught sneaking out of your room. Which I completely understand.

~~~~~~

"Good to see you looking better" Bruce so kindly says as you enter the lab. But before you can reply someone cuts you off.

"Yeah, yesterday you looked awful. Like really bad. Like the worst I've ever saw yo-" I interrupt Tony.

"Thanks, I get the message. Now did you call me down here just to insult me or what do you actually want?" I snap. Tony seems a bit taken back by this.

"Um, yeah about that, I need you to do some press for me, there's this thing I have to go to up in Washington, I'll be away for a week, I'm taking Pepper with me..." he rambles on your begin to zone out and your mind begins to wander. How did me and Steve end up so close last night? Does he like me or was it a genuine mistake?

"Y/n are you even listening to me?!" Tony shouts

"Why do I need to do press? I am not doing press, especially for you. Can't someone else in your team do it, it's not like you don't have a million of employees." I raise my voice.

"Because y/n, you know me and everything about the business and it won't take you long to catch up, please I really need you to do this" Tony pleads

"What do they want to know? What's so important about this?" I ask. I need to know what I'm getting myself into first before I agree on anything.

For the next hour Tony fills me in on everything I need to know and for some reason I still don't know why I agreed to do this. But he's my builder brother so I guess he wouldn't ask for my help unless he needed it.

As I'm about to leave I ask "and when is this happening?"

"This afternoon, you have 3 hours to get ready before you need to leave"

"WHAT?!" I shout, "3 hours and you're only coming to me about this now?"

"If I where you, I'd get a move on, don't want to be later" he says as he asks JARVIS to shut the door behind you. I turn on my heels and walk, run, to my room and hop in the shower.

~~~~~~

I'm all ready and about to leave for the press/interview thing Tony needs me to do. He and pepper left an hour ago and for some reason left Morgan with Clint and his wife, Laura, she's lovely by the way.

"We are bringing the car around now ms Stark." The security guard says as I walk down the stairs into the lounge where everyone else seems to be.

"Thank you, let's get this over with I suppose." I reply.

"Well don't you look good." Nat comments as she looks you up and down in your black suit.

"Off anywhere nice?" Wanda asks

"To do some press" you answer, with a half smile. God I hate doing press so much absolutely hate it. Everything about it drive me mad, the cameras, the crowded people, everything!

"We know, we got the 'breaking news'," Sams says

"Is that seriously the best thing right now?" Steve pipes in

"The cars ready to go ms stark. We must warn you, there's a lot of paparazzi" the security guard states as Steve shoots you a look of concern.

"I'll be right there" you nod and the security guard walks towards the door, talking into his earpiece that you are ready to leave any minute.

"I'll see you when I get back." I smile as I towards the door. I can do this. I can do this.

"Be careful" Nat shouts as I walk out the door.

"She'll be fine Steve, relax." Bucky tries to calm his nerves.

"Why are you getting so worked up, she'll be okay, she has a lot of security and she's done this a million times before.

"If it makes you feel better we can watch it, it's live on the tv" Wanda suggests as she tells JARVIS to put it on the tv.

~~~~~~
WORD COUNT: 1,115

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS SO FAR, LOVE YOU ALL. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK.