Chapter 14 - Practice run

"Let's go back to bed yeah?" Steve calmly spoke as he lifted me by the waist while we where hugging. I wrapped my legs around him and he carried up to my bed. I was so relieved he had agreed to let me do the interview but I knew it was going to be hard to do.

It was the next morning, I woke up to find I had fallen asleep on Steve's chest, his arms wrapped around me tightly. He began to wake up too.

"Morning" he spoke in his morning voice while he stretched.

I couldn't help but let the smile creep onto my lips, my face heated with the sound of him saying that word. I felt my chest beat faster and faster. "Morning to you too" I replied. I tried not to make it obvious I was blushing as I buried my face in his chest.

~~~~~~

Somehow Steve had managed to convince Sam, Bucky and Natasha to help him prep me for the interview. This is going to be fun! We had been at this for seemed like hours. They had prepped out the kitchen, making it look like something for a press conference to take place. They had chairs around one side of the island in the kitchen and I was standing facing them from the other side. They had set up cameras and had even got Wanda there to film it all. They had the cameras set so every couple of seconds there was a flash form at least two of the fifty that stood before me. Then the questions all came at once.

"What do you make of these claims against you?"

"Is it true that you where assaulted?"

"Have you any evidence backing up this claim?"

"Was this all just an act to push the spotlight back on you and away from your brother?"

"Who was the man that supposedly assaulted you?"

"Is this all just a publicity stunt?" They all shout over each other.

I know they are my friends and they mean none of what they are saying but, I just, it felt like I couldn't breath. It was too many questions at the one time. Maybe they're right, maybe this is stupid. My heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest. It was beating so fast, too fast for my liking. Usually I'm okay, usually I can handle the press although I hated it. My ears where ringing, my eyesight was blurring, I felt I was going to throw up. I couldn't stop shaking. And then I heard it.

"Enough guys! Y/n! Are you okay?" Demanded a voice behind me.

I turned around and saw Tony standing in the door way as he rushed over to me. "Hey breath, breath, it's okay, breath" he took my hands as he guided me to the ground and sat in front of me.

He held my hands until my panic attack was over and, God did he look mad.

"I'm so sorry Tony!" I mumbled as I jumped forward into his arms. He kisses the side of my head as he whispered, "you have nothing to be sorry for, it was my fault, I should have known someone would have said something about the party, but it's okay, I'm home and we can work it all out okay?" he spoke in a calming voice but I could still sense he was angry.

As we both stood up to look around at the others, I tugged on my lip; a bad habit I have. I do it when I'm upset or nervous.

"What where you guys thinking?!" He shouted.

~~~~~~

Tony shouted at them all for half an hour before storming down to his lab, probably to work on something or another. While I decided to go up to my room.

"JARVIS, can you switch on the tv?" I ask politely.

The tv switches on and it'a the same crap on the tv, "y/n stark, fakes it!" "Y/n stark, going to run her brother out of his own company," etc. Deep down I know I have to address the issues but I'm not sure that I can. I haven't had a panic attack that bad since I found out about Josh not going to make it.

I was forced out of my thoughts and back to reality as Steve knocked on the door. "Come in" I said.As Steve opened the door, his face was filled with worry and regret as he made his was to sit beside me on the bed.

"JAVIS, tv off please" Steve commanded while he sat up leaning on the headboard. The tv turned off as he turned his head to face me.

"I was watching that you know" I joke, trying to ease the tension.

"Y/n," he started, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have set it up and I'm sorry, are you okay?"

I look in his eyes and I could tell he really was sorry. I couldn't be mad at him, he was only trying to help. And he did! Could you have imagined what the press would say if it were to happen in front of a live audience. I could see the news lines now, y/n stark can't handle the pressure! Panic struck young stark!"

"I'm fine now" I say as I leaned my head on his shoulder. We both set in a comfortable silence until Steve suggested we should go for dinner.

~~~~~~

"Aunty y/n!" Morgan shouted as I entered the kitchen and she saw me. She ran to me and jumped into my arms. I picked her up and spun her around twice.

"Did you get big since I last saw you?" I saw as set her back down. It was nice that Morgan knew who I was and was okay with me. "Nope." She said with a cheeky grin. "Let's go eat" she ordered as she dragged me to a chair beside where she was sat.

Clint grabbed my shoulder from behind. I turned around and he pulled me into a hug. "Still not a hugger" I say as he squeezes me. "I'm sorry about not being here to help" he whispered into my ear as he let go of me. "No, no, it's no problem, you have a family and where looking after Morgan, it's fine." I reassure him.

As we all sat down at the table I looked over towards the gates that seemed to still be flooded with vultures. All with their cameras, trying to get something, anything. "Anything you can do about the press?" Clint ask towards Tony. He didn't mean for it to sound rude or anything, he was just curious.

"Nothing, just wait until something else happens, maybe a kardashian will get engaged or something" he joked. "We came using the chopper, happy had warned us about the paparazzi before getting if the plane."

I felt sick, knowing that they all had to deal with the press too. What had I dragged them into? They where not able to leave the complex without being chased for miles and miles.

~~~~~~
Word count: 1190

Thank you all for reading and please vote and comment what you think x