Chapter 22 - lets get down to business.

As I escorted Tony out my room, I closed the door tightly and looked back to see Steve crawling out from under the bed again. Almost forgot he was there, oops. He hit his head on the way up which I couldn't not laugh at.

"Why didn't you tell him?" He asked in a quiet tone while rubbing the back of his head where he had just hit moments ago. I knew this question was coming and I didn't want to lie to Steve, I really didn't but it's just, how do I know that he wont tell Tony anyways?

"Don't want him freaking out before the mission tomorrow, he already is concerned about me." I state, as I look at Steve I can see his eyebrows furrow and his eyes full of concern again. "I'll tell him after" I quickly add, which somehow gives Steve relief as I can see the tension drop from his shoulders as he lefts out a breath he probably didn't know he was holding in.

It was silent again as I went to my wardrobe and picked out what I was wearing today, I threw on a pair of leggings and a sports bra and decided I would go and train, after I get the all clear from banner that is, just to keep Steve happy. Finally Steve spoke out as I came out of the bathroom from getting changed.

"So, not really a hugger?" He laughed as he made his way towards me and wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his chest. At first I tried to pull away but then I quickly realised I was no match for the super soldier. I wrapped my arms around him too and breathed in the scent of him, he always smelled good, it didn't matter where or when, always smelled good.

~~~~~~

After getting the all clear from banner I made my way down to the training room. As I walked in I saw Nat and Clint fighting in the boxing ring, Sam and Bucky doing something else, not too sure what and I saw Steve and Rhodey punching the punching bag. It wasn't very often that Rhodey would come down and work out with everyone else, he usually waited until he was by himself to train.

I was in my own world with my AirPods in, listening to my f/s, while punching and kicking the crap out of a poor punching bag that I hadn't noticed had some sand pouring from it from the very bottom. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned round, not letting go of his hand, swipe his legs from under him and pinned him down, pushing his arm further up his back as his face was jammed into the floor. I quickly realised who it was and let go.

I took out my AirPods and got of the body. "Hey Clint" I muttered as I got off him and helped him up.

"Hey kiddo" he said finally getting back on his feet. "We did shout your name like a hundred times but you where listening to music and where really beating the shit out of the punching bag" he said while leaning over and placing his hand over the spot where the sand had stared leaning from.

"What do you want?" I asked as I wiped sweat away from my forehead with a towel I had sitting on the side.

"Came over to tell you that it's enough training for one day" he said as I quickly scanned the room to see that there was only me, Clint, Nat and Steve left in the gym. Everyone must have left.

"Yeah, don't want to over do it before a mission" Nat shouted over from the door while she was lifting up her bag to walk out. I looked over at the clock and it had been four hours. And to be honest, I wasn't really that tired.

"Just let me cool down, then I'll be up" I state as I walk over towards the mats and sit down, ready to stretch. I take it they all agreed as they left without saying anything, or else they where speaking and I didn't hear them due to the music again. I looked over to make sure everyone had left and I seen Clint standing at the door. I looked over and stopped my music again.

"Ten minutes, if your not up in ten, someone comes down and gets you" he shouts as he leaves. I did a few stretches and was packing up my things when I saw Steve enter the room again.

"Take it your the someone he was sending down in ten minutes?" I smirk as I look over at him making his way towards me. "Don't worry, I'm leaving now anyways, just packing up my things" I defend.

~~~~~~

It was just after dinner, I had showered and my hair was in two french braids. Still a bit went from the shower but sure. We where all sitting on the couch and just doing our own thing but in each other's company. I let out a yawn and stood up, said my good nights and made my way to my room. I was lying in bed, nearly asleep when I heard the door open and close again.

"Hey, just came to say goodnight" Steve whispered as he bent down and kissed me forehead. Before he had a chance to get back up I wrapped my arms around him to try and pulls him down beside my but let's admit it. He's a super soldier, there was no way I was for tackling him anytime soon. This resulted in me being lifted up with little effort as I was pulled from my warm bed. I wrapped my legs around his torso and hurried my face is his neck.

"Do you want me to stay with you tonite again?" He whispered as he wrapped one arm around my waist, keeping my from falling down and one on my back. I nodded my head in response. He then pulled the duvet down so we could get into bed and he set me down first. He then took of his top and lay beside me. I placed my head on his warm chest and cuddled into him as he wrapped an arm around me, pulling me in closer. I soon feel asleep as I felt a kiss on the top of my head.

~~~~~~

It was early the next morning and we where getting ready for the mission, I had my suit on and was wrapping my hands before putting in my gloves, I had made sure I had all my gun, knifes and bullets. I made my way onto the jet and sat down, trying to get out of my own head.

"Hey, we got this" Steve said as he placed his hand over mine, I didn't know he was beside me until now. He then gave my hand a squeeze and stood up, making his way to the middle of the jet where he did his pep talk.

"The mission is simple, get in, get the scepter, find out what hydras plans are, take down as may solider as we can and get out." He said. He said a few more things but I zoned out, I knew what the mission was and that's all I needed to know.

"Good pep talk" Tony commented, making me ears peak.

"Yeah, you write them down first or what?" Sam asked

"Nah, 100% there and then" Bucky adds

"Does it really matter?" Nat shouts up from the pilot seat

"There boys, of course something so stupid matters to them" Wanda says making me chuckle.

We land in a field and Tony puts on the jet into camouflage mode. We know what our plan is and we know what we need to do. Now we just need to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1328

Thank you all who are reading my story and commenting on everything! Love you all