Chapter 13 - Passwords

I ran as fast as I could to the computer, I jumped into 'Tony's' chair and opened the laptop. Of course it's locked. The computer displayed:

Username: tonystark
Password:_______

Think. Password. What would my obnoxious stubborn brother out as a password? As I looked around, my eyes scanning the room for anything it could be. I landed on a photo of him, no surprise there, being given an award of some kind. My fingers ran across the keyboard as I typed .

Password: Iamawesome

Incorrect! The computer displayed followed by two attempts remaining.

Ummm how about, the kid, the kids, name, Morgan! Thats's bound to be it.

Password: Morganstark

Incorrect appeared on the screen again. Then something clicked, Morgan had said something the other night before saying goodbye to Tony. Think! Think! Got it!

Password: iloveyou3000

Welcome Mr Stark.

As I types quickly to unblock myself from the internet and the media I could feel someone watching me but I gave it no notice, this was way more important.

"You know y/n, I usually never agree with Tony, but this time I do!" Steve said with a sigh.

"Good for you" I replied not once taking my eyes of the screen in front of me. Typing as quick as I could.

"Please just hear me out." Steve pleaded, he knew he had to take you away from the screen for your own safety. He also knew you'd hate him for it. But you'd get it over, right?

"I'm listening" I said, still typing, I was nearly there, I had nearly it all done, I just needed to finish it. Yeah Tony may be a billionaire playboy genius but his protocols where pretty easy to override. For me that is, not so sure how the fossils over there was pan out against it.

"Y/n" Steve firmly spoke as his hands landed on the top of the chair I was sitting on. He slowly pulled you round to face him, I fought against it but he was stronger than me. No surprise there.

"Steve? I have to, they need to know the truth, I'm not okay with having the media call me a slut and coming to their own conclusions about me, it's not fair, please. Just let me do this." My breath was shaking at those last five words. I looked into his eyes as he knelt down in front of me, his arms where at both sides of the chair, just above my shoulders.

He breathed in, as if he knew his next move but was going to regret it anyways. He leant in and before I could take in what was happening his lips collided with mine, only to part to quickly again. I was taken back. It all happened too quickly. "I need you to be safe" and with them words spoke, I was thrown over his shoulder. One arm wrapped around my knees so I couldn't kick and the over on my lower back. Although my legs where locked, it didn't mean I couldn't move and try to squirm my way out. "Put me down!" I shouted as I hit his back a few times. He didn't even flinch. After all he is captain America. "I hate you" you sighed as you gave up fighting.

"Jarvis, make sure y/n can't get in here again, not until Tony is back." Steve requested which was followed by JARVIS saying that Tony had just made the same call a few seconds ago.

As we got back to the living room, everyone was still sitting there, I glanced out the window and saw that the paparazzi had gotten worse. I had no idea how anyone was meant to get through the giants if they needed to. That's when it hit me, I didn't need social media, hell I didn't even need a tv, I had what I needed right in front of me. But I did a distraction.

~~~~~~

It was about 3am in the morning now and everyone was sleeping, or so I thought. I carefully slid out of my room, making no noise and headed down the stairs to the living room. I looked out again and saw some paparazzi, I suppose this could work. I headed towards the doors and it felt like my plans where ruined once more. The security! How could I have forgot about security! I slowly opened the door, causing on the security guards to look down at me

"Ms stark, we have orders-" the man on the right said

"I know, I just want to see them" you interrupted.

~~~~~~

Steve couldn't sleep either, he lay in bed tossing and turning, until guilt finally got the best of him. "I hate you" them words. Your words, replaying over and over in his head. He had to make it right between the two of you. He got up and made his way to your room. He knocked and whispered "y/n, you awake? I'm sorry about earlier I really am and I need you know that I know you don't need me to stick up for you but I do care about you, I really really care and I just want you to be safe," He carefully opened the door and looked in, only to notice you weren't even there.

He made his way downstairs and felt a cold breeze as he entered the living room. He turned to the right and saw you standing at the door. looking out to the press. He was shocked that the press was still hanging around this long.

~~~~~~

I was thinking of the million things I could do, I could run for it, I could go back inside and try a different way out, I could just wait it out until they change shifts. All of that was interrupted by arms around my waist.

"Don't even think about it" Steve smirked as he pulled you back inside, closing the door.

"I don't need your help Rogers, when are you going to understand that?!" I sighed. I couldn't stay mad at him for much longer, after all he is a good kisser, but it was definitely going to to try my best.

"I know, but I need you to stay safe, I care about you, I care too much about you and I don't want to see you get hurt, anymore than what you are. But if it means this much to you then fine we can go and talk to the press but on one condition." I could feel the heat of my cheeks, like weights lifted on my shoulders, he was finally on my side!

"What condition?" I ask

"We do a practice one first" he replied. Looking deadly serious.

This is going to be fun.

~~~~~~

Did the password break your heart too? 💔

Word count: 1130
Thank you all so much for reading, next one will be out shortly and please, comment and vote xx