Chapter 15 - New mission?

I didn't eat much at dinner after Clint made the comment about the vultures at the gates. I didn't really have an appetite anyways. I went up to my room and got changed into some fresh pjs after a nice hot relaxing shower. I was lying in bed thinking. I can't let them control me. They aren't going any time soon so why should I have to stay inside and hide away? Locked up like a criminal. Not a chance! I'm y/n fucking stark. And no one controls me. As I'm about to doze off I get a call from Director Fury. Oh great!

~~~~~~

The next morning I decided today was the day, the media will not control me! My hair was curled and I was in my Louis Vuitton suit (with shoes to match obviously) which had just got back from the dry cleaners and lastly my makeup was perfect. As I entered the kitchen I noticed Tony, Nat Wanda and Sam all staring as I sit down at the table to drink my morning coffee.

"Take a photo, it'll last longer" I smirked

"Why so dressed up?" Nat asks while she stands eating her apple in her gym clothes. She was just out of a training session.

"Stuff to do Nat" I quickly replied.

"Would like some breakfast?" Wanda asks as she turns from the cooker to join in on the conversation.

"No time, sorry, have things to do, people to see, you know the drill." I answer while finishing off my coffee, lifting my bag from the table and heading towards the door.

"And where do you think you're going?" Tony asks finally speaking up.

"Fury needs to see me down at HQ." I say while I keep walking.

"Hold up!" Tony shouts as he sets his bowl on the sink and turns round to face me. I stop for a second before I turned on my heels to face him.

"Did I stutter?" I sharply say before he has the chance to say anything sharp back.

"No, just..." he trails off

"I know, be carefully, got it. See ya!" I shout before leaving and heading over the SHEILD HQ to meet with Director fury. I wonder, does he want to talk about what's happened? Surely he doesn't read the media does he? He's always busy doing something so much more important to worry about me.

I put on my sun glasses, just to be on the safe side of things and security leads me to the car which has just been brought round to the front of the compound. I'm starting to get used to the flashing lights. And as for the questions, I simply ignore them. Well, I try my best to ignore them. I repeat the words "no comment at this time" as I am rushed through them and into the car.

~~~~~~

"She'll be just fine Tony, relax" Sam reassures Tony as he eats his bowl of cereal.

"Who'll be fine?" Clint asks while he walks in to the kitchen. Steve and Bucky following behind him.

"Y/n, she's away to see Fury" Sam fills them in on what they missed

"Are you sure that's all she's doing? She seems pretty dressed up just to go and talk to him." Nat states before turning to Tony who now has a hologram in front of him.

"What are you doing now?" Steve asks, not making sense of anything that's on the screen.

"He's tracking her" Bruce explains

~~~~~~

"Ms stark, Director fury will see you now" an agent says as she leads towards his office. God I haven't been here in ages.

As I around the corner I see Grant ward standing outside his office. I haven't seen him in year too and wow does he look good now. Not that he ever look bad it's just, he's pretty good looking, maybe it's because I haven't seen him in a while.

"Agent Ward" I shout as I approach him.

"Y/n stark?" He questions as he turns to see me, it was obvious I had knocked him out of his thoughts. He gives me hug and kisses my cheek. "You look great... wow...I haven't seen you in ages." He slowly says.

"I know, haven't seen you in ages either, you don't look so bad yourself" I smile before Director Fury opens his door.

"Ms Stark, come in" he orders.

"I guess I better go, I'll see you around?" I say before walking into Fury's office.

"You bet you will" he smirks as he takes a seat outside Fury's office.

~~~~~~

"So ms stark, how's being back in the real world treating you" he laughs, I cam't help but laugh too, I mean it's only been a couple of weeks since he brought me back and now it seems there's this spotlight hanging over my head everywhere I go.

"I'm sure you've heard" I reply, knowing fine well that he knows, he knows everything anyways, he's Nick Fury.

"Anyways, why did you call me in?" I ask, best try to get straight to the point.

"Yes, we'll I have a mission for you, besides the one that's scheduled for a months time." He Ed and goes back to his serious, authority voice.

"I had only agreed to one sir, what changed that you need me now?" I ask

"Some of our agents are down after their previous mission, taking down a hydra base in Washington." He states

"Okay, so then, when and where" I ask, sure I'll do the mission, it won't be that hard, and I'll be back in no time.

"I'm sure agent Ward will fill you in on all the details, but I can tell you that you leave tomorrow. So get your act together." He says as he opens his office door and I walk out. As I'm walking back to my car, Grant calls me back for a second.

"You will email me all the information I need to know when you get back to your office, okay?" I ask, just to make sure.

"Yes, I'll see you tomorrow, top of stark tower. 6am, don't be late." He orders

"I'm never late" I reply as I get into the car

"You name is y/n stark, your always late" he replies with a laugh. After all he was right, and he knew it. We did work closely together when I was training to be an agent with SHEILD. Those where fun times, less stressful.

~~~~~~

As I arrive back to stark tower I see all the cameras flashing again. Do these people not have a life of their own? I ask myself. As I'm getting out of the car one question cabbies my ear, and he's right, I do need to make a comment, I just don't know if my brain will betray me again.

"You keep saying no comment at this time but when are you going to make a comment ms stark?" Shouts the reporter. I stop dead in my track and turn around. They all stop talking and their mics all seem to be inches away from my mouth. I can feel my bodyguard trying to pull me along but he stops when I give him the nod, the nod meaning, it's okay, I have this.

"If it means so much to you, I will make a statement." I begin. "Tonite at 7, don't be late" I order as I turn on my heels and walk into the compound. Breath. Breath. Breath. Is all I can think to myself.

~~~~~~~
word count: 1260
Thank you for reading and please vote and comment.