Chapter 6: Act More Princess Like

~Evelyn's P.O.V.~

The next day I was in my room brushing my hair as I hummed the song that Sterling hummed last night when we were dancing.

"So you do love him."

I turned around to find Layla in my chamber with a smirk plastered on her face.

"I do not know what you mean." I said.

"Oh come on." She said as she approached me."You know perfectly well what I mean."

I cannot love Sterling. My family and my kingdom will not accept that. Layla should do the same.

"You know I can't and anyways I am not." I protested.

"Really?" Layla asked.

"Listen Layla, I don't love him." I said."He may be my best friend, but I don't love him."

Layla looked at me with a smirk.

"Sure, I believe you." She said."Go ahead and carry on."

With that she left my chambers. I sighed, she can't be such a handful. I decided to go to the training chamber and there I found Lancelot and Percival training with swords.

"Good morrow Percival and Lancelot." I said.

They both stopped and turned to face me.

"Good morrow, your highness." Lancelot and Percival said.

"Came you to train?" Percival asked.

"Precisely." I said picking up a bow and a few arrows.

"You remind me of her majesty." Lancelot said.

"My mother?" I asked."You said she was the chosen one, correct?"

"Yes, she learned very quickly like you. You, your highness are very skilled." Lancelot said.

"Why thank you." I said.

"We will leave you to your training." Percival said.

With that they both left the chamber and I began to shoot arrows straight in the middle.

At that moment, Merlin came in and I continued to shoot my arrows at the targets.

"Good morrow, Merlin." I said as I continued.

"Good morrow, your highness." He said.

"What brings you here?" I asked.

Finally I stopped shooting the arrows at the targets and I placed the rest along with the bow on the table.

"His and her majesty request an audience with you." He explained.

"Do you know what is it about?" I asked.

"I cannot say, his majesty wants to address it himself." Merlin replied.

I gulped. I hope it isn't anything bad.

"Come they request an audience at once." He said.

I sighed as we walked out of the chamber and walked towards the audience chamber. I hope Layla and I haven't been caught being with Sterling and Mordred.

Once we reached the doors of the audience chamber, Merlin halted.

"You may enter now." He said.

"You aren't coming?" I asked nervously.

"No, they requested an audience with you and only you. Thus, I am not allowed to be in there at this moment." He replied.

"Alright, here goes nothing." I said.