Chapter 12: Kidnapped

~Rebecca's P.O.V.~

Enough!" Arthur said as he slammed his hand on the table. It shocked us all. He isn't the type to do any of this."Rebecca, I've had enough of your paranoia! Now please return to our chambers."

I then got up with tears in her eyes. I looked over at my children and they were quite shocked.

"You weren't always like this." I said."You aren't the Arthur I fell in love with. Just remember this, I gave up everything to be with you!"

With that I stormed off into the hallway, walking back to our room. How could he be this way? I was merely trying to help him.

I gave up my entire lifestyle and it took years to adjust to this lifestyle, however I did it to be with Arthur and this is how he returns the favor?!

As I laid down on the bed, I broke down and began to cry. Not too long after I began to feel drowsy, I cried myself to sleep.
~~~

I was running through the forest that connected both kingdoms of Avalon and Creven.

I had a sword in my right hand and a wooden shield in my left. I glanced over my shoulder to see I was being followed by the men of Creven.

Amongst them I saw Arthur being stabbed by the men. Stop! Tears were in my eyes as I raised my sword.

"Stop!" I yelled.

I fought my way towards Arthur to see him, lying on the ground. He was completely covered with blood. I fell on my knees as Myles approached me.

He wore a crooked smile as he raised his sword. "How I've been waiting for this moment, your majesty."

"No!" I yelled out.

I looked around to see that I was back in Arthur's and my room. Arthur was still not here and my heart sunk.

I decided to take a stroll around the nearby village. It's clear to me that I'm not going to sleep anytime soon. I then grabbed a cloak and threw it over my dress as I walked towards the entrance of the castle.

"Your majesty?!"

I heard Merlin's voice and I turned to find him running towards me with his staff in the air.

"Where are you going at this very hour?" He asked.

"I need to take a walk." I explained. "I cannot sleep."

"In that case allow me to accompany you or a knight-"

I cut across Merlin's words. "I appreciate your concern for me Merlin, however I need to be alone."

"Oh, of course." He said with a nod. "Forgive me for not understanding. Just please be back before his majesty finds out."

"Of course." I replied.

I don't want to make him more furious than he already is. With that Merlin let me go and I made my way out of the castle. As I walked around the village, I thought about my past.

I thought about first meeting King Arthur and the prophecy. We loved each other so much, where did we go wrong? My head was too deep in my memories that I accidentally bumped into a man with a black cloak on.