Chapter 1: Sterling & Mordred

I don't own any pictures, songs, or videos. Enjoy the sequel!

Several years went by, King Arthur and the hero of Avalon, Lady Rebecca had gotten married. Rebecca also became the new Queen of Avalon, which everyone in the kingdom was thrilled with. Not only did that happen, but King Arthur and Queen Rebecca were blessed three lovely children; Evelyn was seven years old, while Layla was five and Lysander was three. Evelyn looked like Rebecca with long and rather curly dirty blonde hair with dark blue eyes that were almond shaped, while Layla had medium long and rather wavy platinum blonde hair with small icy blue eyes and Lysander had short curly dirty blond hair with round ocean blue eyes.

Layla and Evelyn wandered out of the castle and into the nearest village. Arthur was on a few royal duties, while Rebecca, along with a maid were taking care of Lysander. Rebecca looked out the window to see Evelyn and Layla out of the castle. Rebecca wore a worried look upon her face. Ever since Evelyn, her eldest, could walk she grew very worried that they would find their enemy, Creven. She then turned to the maid. "Fetch me Lancelot."

She nodded and left in search for Lancelot. Meanwhile Lysander was on the bed taking a nap. Rebecca smiled at Lysander as she walked towards him. "You, your sisters, and your father are the best thing that could've happened to me." She whispered.

Rebecca then planted her lips on his forehead. After a few minutes, Lancelot soon came in the chambers. He gave a polite smile and a bow before speaking, to let her know that he was there. "Did you summon me, your majesty?"

Rebecca turned around to face him and wore her usual kind and genuine smile that brightened the entire castle. She wasted no time in explaining to him why she asked him to come. "Yes Evelyn and Layla are out of the castle. Make sure they are safe."

"I will make sure that their highnesses are safe from harm." Lancelot assured her.

With that he left the castle to follow the girls. Around that time Evelyn and Layla were near the forest.

"Look it's the forest." Evelyn said with a small smile. "What do you think is in here?"

"I don't know." Layla shrugged.

"Let us go inside." Evelyn suggested.

"Are you mad?" Layla asked with her icy blue eyes wide open. "Father and mother told us not to go in there."

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "I think they're just trying to scare us. Come on, Layla."

Layla glanced around and behind her to see no one around them anymore. She seemed very reluctant on entering the forest.

Layla sighed. "Alright, but just for a little bit."

With that the two girls went into the forest. Evelyn looked around the forest amazed, while Layla trembled in fear. The trees to them appeared like tall giants looking down at them. Layla heard a noise and it nearly startled her. Her chest was heaving up and down as she glanced around.

"E-Evelyn, why don't we go now." Layla suggested.

"Not yet." Evelyn said, wandering farther into the forest.

Her eyes landed back on Evelyn who already took off further into the forest. Layla grew terrified upon seeing her gone. She debated whether she should go back or try to find Evelyn. All of the sudden, she heard rustling in the bushes. Out of fear, Layla followed behind Evelyn. Layla ran and ran until she bumped into Evelyn, nearly causing Evelyn to fall down. Evelyn turned around with an annoyed look written across her face.

"What's the meaning of that Layla?" Evelyn asked, turning around. "I could've fell."

"But you didn't." Layla corrected.

Evelyn sighed, turning her back towards her. At that moment they heard voices arguing that they were lost. Layla then hid behind Evelyn as she approached closer to the bushes. Out of the bushes emerged two boys, one appeared to be nine years old. He had fancy clothing on and he had brown hair with chocolate eyes. The other appeared to be eleven years old. He had brown hair and blue eyes.

"Relax Layla it is but two boys." Evelyn stated.

Layla now stood next to her sister, she was no longer afraid now. Layla was now looking at them in a rather curious manner.

"Who are you?" Evelyn asked.

"I am Sterling." The one with brown hair said.

"And I am Mordred." The other one said.

"And you two are?" Sterling asked.

"I am Evelyn and this is my younger sister, Layla." Evelyn said.

"Nice to meet the both of you." Sterling said.

"I've never seen you around in the kingdom." Layla commented."Are you new?"

"No I am not." Mordred answered.

"Nor am I." Sterling chimed in. "But I've never seen you two. How come?"

"I don't know." Evelyn shrugged. "I thought that we've seen all other children in our kingdom."

Sterling chuckled."We must not be of the same kingdom. I am from Creven."

"So am I." Mordred said."What kingdom are you both from?"

"Avalon." Layla and Evelyn said in unison.

"Are you a prince, Sterling?" Evelyn asked.

Sterling had a beaming smile on his face as he nodded.

"Yes and some day I'll be the King of Creven." He said puffing out his chest.

Evelyn and Layla giggled.

"What about you, Mordred?" Layla asked.

"I am a Royal advisor to Sterling." Mordred said as he averted his eyes."But sometimes I dream to become more than that."

Evelyn, Layla, Mordred, and Sterling spent the rest of the day playing games with one another. As the sun set, they went their separate ways.

Layla and Evelyn rushed back to the castle. Once they were seated in the dining hall eating dinner, Rebecca spoke up.

"So Evelyn, Layla where did you wander to off this time?" She asked.

Layla gulped as she looked at her sister for help. Unlike Layla, Evelyn could lie very convincingly.

"We were playing around in one of the villages." Evelyn said with ease.

"Ah that is good." Arthur said with a relieved sigh. "Your mother was quite worried."

"Yes, but for a good reason." Rebecca protested."And Lancelot made sure that they weren't in the forest, isn't that correct?"

"Yes your majesty." Lancelot said.

However, Lancelot didn't keep an eye on them. He had a wife that he fell in love with a year ago and he payed her a visit, since he lived in the castle. She wasn't far from the castle though, which made it easier for Lancelot

"Now Layla and Evelyn, you two may go to your chambers." Rebecca ordered.

"Yes mother." Evelyn and Layla said in unison.

With that a servant accompanied each girl as they went to their chambers. Once they reached their chambers, the servants left. Evelyn scurried towards the lattice where she could see the forest. "I must go there tomorrow again." She whispered to herself.

Hours later, Rebecca and Arthur laid in the bed of their chamber together. Lysander was already put to bed.

"I'm so glad that Morgana is dead." Rebecca said."That way we don't have to worry about our children's lives."

Arthur nodded and kissed her forehead."It's all over, love. There is no need to worrying."

Or so they thought they didn't need to worry. However their problems had begun.