Preface

About the book

Have we ever thought what an immense inner strength Hidimbaa and Ulupi must had to raise their sons all alone and then to send them away to fight a war?

How did Chitrangada feel to stay away from the war of her husband and her in-laws?

How could Draupadi become the strength of her husbands in all the difficulties they faced?

How much Subhadra must have endured to raise her and Draupadi's sons, bearing the pain of separation herself?

Could Karenumati ever cry her heart out after watching her father being killed in the ceremony of her own marital home?

What a heartbreak Devika and Vijaya had gone through, seeing their father and uncle raising weapons against their husbands?

Could Valandhara ever console Bhanumati, knowing that her husband would be the cause of her sister's widowhood?

We never cared to know!

But without their sacrifices and love, their husbands could have never achieved victory over evil.

Without their support, Dharma would have never been established in Bharatavarsha!

We are indebt to them. We owe those Veeranganas heartfelt respect for the persons they were!

The nine forms of love.

Nine forms of Shakti.

Nine forms of Dharma.

They are nine. Yet they are one.

The Sahadharminis of those warriors who fought for Dharma.

The consorts of Pandavas.

This is my humble attempt to know those noble women and their sacrifices.

Disclaimer:

All rights reserved.

No part of this book can be copied in any way without the written permission of the author.

This is a short story collection written on the nine wives of Pandavas. Here I will take references from Skanda Purana Kashi Khanda for their divine origin. Hence, please do not argue if you do not agree with this theory of divinity as it will be shown here. If you cannot agree with my interpretation of the characters, please stay away.

Absolutely no bashing.

This story collection is to glorify ALL nine PandavaPatnis. Hence, strictly NO fan fighting in the comment section! You may be the fan of one of them but if you cannot respect the other eight, do NOT read and bash the others. Bashing of their husbands is also not allowed. Be respectful to all of them.

Though I believe all nine were epitomes of love, strength, motherhood, auspiciousness etc virtues, here I will show each of them representing one particular form, one particular virtue which defines her the most. Hope you will like it.

Dedication

To Parvati and Shiva. To Lord Krishna, Lord Ananta and Maa Lakshmi in Her nine human forms, and Mata Ksheera, without whose blessings writing is never possible for me.

To Lord Dharma, Lord Vaayu, Lord Indra, Lord Ashwinis and Lord Agni, the ones who fathered the divine six lovers, Pandavas and Panchali, who came on earth with the Lord, to fulfil His mission of establishing Dharma.

To Mata Kunti, her five sons, and their all wives, who were divine, and dear to Lord, those Princes and Princesses who had gone through all pains in their lives just to make Dharma prevail.

Sarvam Brahmarpanamastu!

Note: Credit for finding the verses about PandavaPatnis' divinity goes to PadmaVaasati and PandavaPriyaa
They both have books on PandavaPatnis, among which few are unpublished now. I have not read any of those books earlier when they were published. Still, if any concept of this book, especially the divine scenes, matches with theirs, I give the credit to them for writing it before me.