002

Leigh stood in the corridor as she got to work. She pinned a notice on the notice board. She heard someone walk up behind her. She smiled as she saw Max. "I haven't seen you in a few days. Is everything okay?" Max asked.

Leigh turned to face him and smiled. "It's all good. Just some stuff to deal with," Leigh said.

Max nodded. Max knew that he wanted Leigh. He knew she was a colleague. But there was something about her that he craved. "Well maybe you could let me take you out for a drink later. And tell me all about it," Max said.

Leigh turned back to him. She smirked. "I don't go out with colleagues. It gives them an excuse to try and sleep with me. And I'm not that desperate," Leigh said as she walked off into the staffroom.

Max followed her and smirked. "It's meaningless. Just between two friends," Max said.

"Since when were we friends?"

"Why not?" Max asked.

Leigh looked to him and sighed. "Because I have a lot going on. Maybe another time," Leigh said.

Max nodded. "I'll be in the pub. If you change your mind," Max said as Leigh looked to him and rolled her eyes.

Leigh knew Max was after something. And right now it was the least of her problems.

****

Leigh walked into the common room. She smiled as she saw Megan. Leigh knew Rachel had enrolled Megan into Waterloo Road after their father's death. But Leigh knew that there was something seriously bothering her sister. And she was worried about what was going on with her.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Leigh asked as Megan nodded. Leigh sat down next to her and smiled. "I know that you've been through a lot. And I know dad is dead and it's awful. But it will be okay. You know that don't you?" Leigh said.

Megan sighed. "You don't know what he was like Leigh. He wasn't the perfect dad," Megan said.

Leigh looked to her and nodded. Leigh knew that Megan was shutting herself off from everyone else and she hated how she just couldn't help her. "It will be okay. I promise," Leigh said as she placed a hand on top of Megan's and smiled.

Megan stood up and walked off to the doorway. "I don't care what anyone says. He wasn't a good man," Megan said.

"What?" Leigh asked as she turned to face her sister.

"I'm glad he's dead. He should rot in hell for everything he has done," Megan said as Leigh frowned.

She was confused over just what her sister was saying.

****

Leigh walked into the pub. Max saw her and smirked. "I thought you weren't coming?" He asked.

Leigh looked to him and rolled her eyes. "Don't get any ideas buddy. I have had a hard day. And I need a drink. And that's all it is," Leigh said.

Max looked to her and smirked for a moment. Leigh had no idea how one night was going to change everything. And how it was down to Max Tyler. And how things were about to become far from simple.