Part 2 - Chapter 3 - Back to Mexico Part 2

Lexi's POV

"Elle, can I use your sunscreen?  I feel like I'm starting to burn."  The boys were all out doing something adventurous, while Elle and I, along with Lee's girlfriend Ashley, were splitting our time between the beach, shopping, and the spa.  Elle and I hadn't moved from our spot on the beach for hours now, although we were going to meet Ashley at the spa soon.  After a long winter in Chicago, I planned to soak up as much sun as I could this weekend.

"Yep, here it is."  Elle threw the sunscreen bottle over to me.  "It's so nice to be able to lay around and not doing anything.  I have been so worn out lately, I really needed this relaxation."

"We were just happy to be able to watch tv for adults this morning."  I told Elle as I caught the sunscreen.  "Every time we turn on the tv these days, Leah whines until we turn on an episode of Sesame Street, so we have pretty much stopped watching it altogether while she's awake.  She is so in love with Elmo!"

"Aw, that's so cute!  I haven't seen Sesame Street since I used to watch it with Brad when he was little.  And Elmo is adorable!"

"Leah loves Elmo so much, she calls all of the characters Elmo! It is cute, but not when it's all you watch.  There's only so much Elmo's World I can take in a day.  You'll see someday when you and Noah have a little one controlling your tv."

A waiter stopped to ask if we needed something to drink.  Just in time, I had just started to think that I might have to get up and order myself a drink, since Noah and Darren weren't around to wait on us like they usually do.  "I'll have another Strawberry Daiquiri, please." 

"I'll take another bottle of water.  Thanks!"  Elle requested, making me glance over at her in surprise.

"Another water?  You're turning down free drinks?"  Alright, that's a little strange.  Elle has never been a big drinker after she watched her Dad with his drinking issues, but she isn't usually one to abstain completely and usually lets herself go a little on vacation.

"It's so hot out, I'm feeling a little dehydrated.  I may have had a little too much last night.  I don't want to get a headache."

Hmm, did Elle really drink that much last night?  She didn't even dance.  Usually you can't keep Elle off the dance floor once she's had a few.  "Wait a second, did you have much to drink last night?  You didn't seem like your usual crazy self when you've been drinking."

"We are getting older, I guess maybe I've just grown out of acting crazy at the bars."

"If you say so. . . did you ever figure out what Noah's problem was last night?"

Elle gave a little laugh.  "Oh, you know, just Noah being Noah.  He freaked out when that guy touched me.  Anyway, it's about time that we head in to meet Ashley for our spa appointment."

Elle stood up and started packing up our towels and magazines.  I just stood there for a second watching Elle, but she seemed to be ignoring my questioning look, so I picked up my things and we made our way to the spa.  I'm starting to worry about Elle.  We've been in the sun all day, but does she look a little pale?  Now that I think of it, I noticed she hardly ate anything at supper last night.  I know all about her Mom's illness, could there be something wrong with her?  That would explain Noah's overprotectiveness.  Or maybe she's been having problems with drinking?  Elle told me about her Dad's drinking problem but she's never been a big drinker.  I can't imagine that's it but I know I've been preoccupied since Leah was born.  What if I've missed something going on with my best friend?  Surely she would tell me if something is going on, right?  Now, I feel like I need to get to the bottom of this!

********
After the spa, Darren and I had a romantic dinner at one of the amazing restaurants on the resort.  We both stuffed ourselves on the delicious food.  It was a good thing I had dieted before the trip to look good in my swimsuit.  Between the incredible food and drinks, I'm sure I'll be gaining all that weight back before the end of the trip.  We met Elle and Noah after dinner and us old married couples were sitting in one of the quieter bars tonight while the rest of our group headed to a club off the resort.  Noah has been glued to Elle's side with his arm around her the whole night.  I think about asking her about it when he gets up to get refills for our drinks, but I feel like she's been trying to avoid my questions ever since we left the beach this morning, so I decide to leave it be, for now at least.