Chapter 7 - Time to Talk

Noah's POV

I'm not sure bringing Elle to my hotel room was a good idea, but she kept coming up with excuses not to talk to me at the reception and I wasn't sure how else to get her to talk to me. She's had a lot to drink, though, so I'm not sure we're going to have a very productive conversation. This is the first time I've been alone with Elle in more than two years, I have to take my chance to explain everything to her. I at least need to let her know why I thought we should take a break and that I never planned on it being permanent.

We walked into my room, of course there's only the bed or one chair to sit on, I decided standing was the better option. I turned to look at Elle. "I'm so happy we ran into each other here, Elle, you look beautiful tonight. I should have told you that earlier." And she did, her hair was a little shorter than when we dated, and she looked amazing all glammed up for the wedding. She was wearing a light blue dress that didn't show too much skin, but for some reason she looked sexier than any of the girls wearing skimpier dresses at the wedding. Elle looked up at me but didn't say anything. I couldn't read her expression, so I went ahead with what I wanted to tell her. "I know it's been a long time since we broke up, but I feel like there are things I never got a chance to explain. I don't know how everything went bad so quickly with us. I was stupid to say we should take a break, but I didn't expect it to be a permanent break. I thought we would see each other in a couple months at Thanksgiving or Christmas and we would work everything out. Or if nothing else, when you came back to Boston. I didn't realize that we would go so long without seeing each other with your Dad living in Chicago and the issues with our families and with you and Lee. I would have found a better way to do things, if I knew what was going to happen to us. I miss you so much." My thoughts pour out of my mouth so quickly. I know I'm rambling and talking fast, scared that Elle will stop me. My eyes are tearing up, it has been so long since I have been close enough to reach out and touch her and I feel like my emotions are running through me like electricity.

The look of confusion she gave me after I told her I missed her had me a little worried. Maybe it will help if I show her. Plus, I can't make myself wait any longer to reach out and touch her. I'm not sure how she'll react to this, but I go for it anyway. I took both of her hands in mine and bend down and touch my lips gently to hers. It was a quick kiss and I backed up quickly to see her reaction. I wanted nothing more than to deepen that kiss, but I knew we had to work some things out if there was any chance for us. Elle must have other ideas, though. She immediately pulls me back down and my lips are on hers again. I feel the bottled-up emotions we've been holding on to for each other over the last 2 years in that kiss – sadness, anger, love, and so much passion. Much like our break-up, things escalate quickly and before I know what is happening, we are on the bed. I break our kiss and look at Elle. "There is nothing I want more than you right now, but are you sure this is a good idea? I think we need to talk first."

"I don't think I can wait, Noah. We can talk later." Her eyes were focused on me as she started to unbutton my shirt.

And just like that, all my good intentions went out the window and I know we won't be able to stop ourselves now. I am beyond happy to have Elle in my arms and am thoroughly enjoying feeling her fingers in my hair as I start kissing down her neck and find the zipper for her dress. I had almost given up hope that this would ever happen between us again.

Afterwards, I hold Elle, running my fingertips up and down her arms and back. Amazed that after everything that's happened the last two years, we are here together now. We talk a little about sneaking back into the reception, it's still early. But we were both laying there naked and it seemed like a waste to share Elle with anyone else. I think about pushing Elle to talk about us again, but all she's done is put me off all night when I've tried and like I said, we're naked in bed together, I don't want to mess up the mood. After we both decide it's a bad idea to go back to the wedding reception, I start kissing Elle again. I tell myself that we can talk in the morning and work everything out before my flight leaves. We started another round and fell asleep shortly after. With Elle back in my arms, I swear I slept better than I had since we broke up, so well that I actually slept in for once and woke up hours later than my usual time.