Epilogue

3 years later

Elle's POV

"I think Leah has a dirty diaper and it's your turn to change her, Noah." Noah had been chasing Leah around our apartment much of the afternoon. She wasn't quite walking yet but she was a fast crawler and wanted to get into everything. We didn't have our apartment baby proofed enough for her now that she could move so quickly. I had finally gotten her to sit on a blanket on the floor to read a book with me when I noticed the smell coming from her diaper.

Noah was lounging on the floor next to us and I could tell he didn't want to get up again. "What do you mean it's my turn?  I changed the last diaper."

"But that one was just wet. I changed the last dirty diaper." This was one argument Noah Flynn was not going to win with me.

"Okay, come on Leah. Let's get you cleaned up." Noah smiled at Leah as he picked her up and her eyes lit up as she gave Noah a slobbery smile. He carried her into the bedroom and I heard her start to laugh as he was tickling her.

The doorbell rang and I went to let Lexi in. Noah yelled from the bedroom. "If that's Lexi, maybe she can change the diaper."

"Noah, that's the whole point of us watching Leah for her, to give her a break!"

Lexi walked into the apartment looking much more relaxed than when she dropped Leah off with us that morning. Leah had recently turned one, she was born a few weeks before Lexi and Darren's second anniversary. Noah and I absolutely loved her and had offered to watch her for the day. Today was Lexi and Darren's third anniversary, which also meant it was an anniversary of sorts for me and Noah. I'm not sure what to call it, I guess the anniversary of us both realizing that we weren't getting over each other and we needed to start talking to each other again.  Regardless of what you call it, we will be celebrating tonight!

"Thank you so much for watching her for us! Darren and I had a wonderful day!"

"You'll have to thank Noah, it was his idea, and he has been so good with her today." I loved seeing Noah with Leah. He was very sweet with her and I could see what an awesome dad he would be someday. Noah and I hadn't talked much about having kids yet, but now that the wedding is behind us and we have been spending more time with Leah, I think we are getting closer. Before we spent so much time with Leah, kids were more of a distant idea. Like we knew someday we would have them, but it was so far in the future, it didn't really seem real. But, seeing our friends have a baby made having a baby of our own seem so much more real.

"Look who's here Leah, it's your Mommy!" Noah walked back into the living room carrying a very happy Leah.

"I'll go get all of her stuff." I could still hear Lexi and Noah talking while he handed Leah off to Lexi as I walked into the spare bedroom to pick up her toys and diaper bag.

"Thanks, Noah, I hear you've been really good with her."

"Yeah, I never realized how much fun babies could be."

"Don't worry, I'm not going to start asking you when you're going to start having kids. I've heard from Elle that you guys are already getting that question a lot from your families." Ever since the wedding, our families, well mainly June, had been starting to put pressure on us to have kids. I think partly because they thought we would move back to LA when we decided to start our family. June even threatened to move to Chicago if we had a baby here.

Lexi's phone buzzed and she started laughing to Noah. "There's a text from your brother. You know, Lee was so much more fun to set up than you were. He was always happy to go out with the friends I set him up with and he still thanks me for introducing him to Ashley. Their six-month anniversary is coming up and he texted to thank me again. I think I set you up with every female friend I had and I don't remember you ever getting past a second date with anyone or thanking me for setting you up."