Chapter 19 - Mexico

Elle's POV

After a long day of traveling, Noah and I finally made it into our room at the resort in Cancun, Mexico. I walked ahead of Noah into the room and went straight to open the curtains to the balcony and gasped at the view. I yelled to Noah to come out to the balcony with me and we both stared out at the view of the beach and blue waters in front of us. Noah takes a seat on the chair and pulls me onto his lap and we sit there together listening to the waves crash into the beach. I never want to leave this spot. I've been so stressed out getting ready for this trip, now that we're here, all I want to do is lay on the beach and relax. I feel kind of bad because I know Noah wants to be off doing some kind of excursion while we're there. He is always so active and I know he would love to go parasailing, get out on a boat, or just explore. But, at this point, I really only want to sit on the beach and soak up the sun and relaxation. I hope he isn't too frustrated with me. This is our first vacation together as a couple and I want it to be perfect, especially with everything he has going on at work and after things were so weird between us last week.

After ordering room service and enjoying our privacy the first night of the trip, we spent most of the rest of the next day and night with Lexi, Darren, Aaron, and Josh. We didn't do much besides lounge on the beach, with the occasional swim in the ocean or pool. The next day is much like the day before, although we went for walks up and down the beach and did a little more exploring of the resort. Lexi and I had talked about listening to one of the bands at the resort after supper tonight, but for some reason Noah said he didn't feel like it. Darren told Lexi that he wanted her all to himself tonight, which is fine, they're still newlyweds. But we've all been hanging out all weekend, I'm not sure why Noah wants to do something different tonight.

There does seem to be something up with Noah tonight. I can't figure out what his deal is. He almost seems nervous but that doesn't make any sense, we're on vacation, he shouldn't be worrying about anything. This is the most relaxed we've been in months. I know he's still stressed about his job, but he's promised he's not going to worry about it while we're here. Noah did take me to a very romantic restaurant for supper tonight and we're heading out for a walk on the beach. He's been very sweet all night, so I've pretty much forgiven him for not wanting to listen to the band, but I was in the mood to dance tonight.

We walk a little way down the beach to a quiet spot. Being on the beach likes this makes me think of the night that Noah and I walked the beach in LA and finally resolved so many of our issues. We are so happy together now, so different from that night where we had only finally started talking to each other again. Now we are holding hands and laughing together. Suddenly Noah stops and turns to me. I look around to see what made him stop. We're still holding hands and Noah rubs the back of his neck before he grabs my other hand.

"Elle, you have been in my life as long as I can remember. I was lost during those years when we weren't together. I felt like I was just marching in place waiting for you. I kept myself busy finishing school and going to work, but the whole time I was waiting. You have made me so happy these last few months since we found our way back to each other. I know now that I want you in my life for the rest of my life." He paused for a second, he was staring into my eyes. He looked like a younger version of himself in that moment, Noah before he gained all of his swagger. I was getting ready to respond to him when he swallowed and gave me his big smile, showing his dimples. All of a sudden, he let go of my hands and took a step away from me. I gasped in shock as he got down on one knee in front of me. "I love you, I'll always love you. Elle, will you marry me?" He reached in his pocket and took out a ring box.

I looked down at him in shock, tears starting to form in my eyes. In my surprise, I just stared at him a little too long.

Noah got a little bit of a worried look on his face. "Shelly?"