Chapter 15 - Sneaking Around

Elle's POV

Noah and I talked whenever we had a chance in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We decided we were going to wait until Christmas Day to tell our families all together about our relationship. I planned to fly in on Saturday and spend my first night back in LA at the Flynn's but instead I left work a little early on Friday and flew back a day early. I wanted to surprise Noah.

I knew Noah would be home at the time I would be arriving, this was the time we had been talking each night for the last few weeks, right after Noah gets home from work. I gave him a call after the car dropped me off at his apartment.

"Shelly! No Facetime tonight? I know I'm going to see you tomorrow, but I still wanted to see your face tonight." I rang his doorbell while he was still talking. "Hey, can you hold on a second. Someone's at the door, I'm not sure who would be here right now."

He opened the door and the look he gave me made me wish I decided to surprise him more often. I jumped into his arms and started kissing him before he even figured out what was going on.

"What are you doing here, Shelly? I didn't think I would get to see you until tomorrow night at my parents."

"I missed you! And I knew I wouldn't be able to do this when I saw you at your parents, so I decided I better get here a little earlier." I started kissing him again.

Noah pulled my suitcase into his apartment and pushed his door shut with me in his arms and carried me back to his bedroom. "I'm glad you thought of this, Shelly, I missed you too! I'm not sure I would have been able to say hi without kissing you in front of everyone if I saw you for the first time in weeks at my parents."

The weeks we spent apart had been hard on both of us, but making up for lost time tonight had almost made it worth it.  Getting to spend the whole night with Noah to myself was a great way to start off this Christmas trip but I was really looking forward to Noah moving to Chicago so we wouldn't have to be apart like this again.  I hope it won't be much longer before he gets an answer from his boss.

----------------

I left Noah's late the next morning and went to my house to stop in to see my family before heading over to hang out with Lee and stay at the Flynn's for the night. I had always loved going to the Flynn's for Christmas. June always filled the house with decorations and I have a lot of fun memories of helping her decorate . Walking into their house this year brings back all the memories of our past Christmases together. The whole family was sitting together in the living room near the beautiful Christmas tree and I could hear the Christmas music playing through the speakers. I'm a little surprised to see Noah there, I expected to see him at supper later tonight, but he didn't say anything about coming beforehand. I say hi to June, Matthew, and Lee. I try not show how happy I am to see Noah when I say hi to him.

June pulled me into her arms for a big hug. "Elle, it's so nice to have you here. We don't see enough of you these days. Why don't you come in the kitchen and help me get some drinks for everyone?" I followed June into the kitchen. She stopped at the cabinet with the glasses, turned to me and put a hand on my arm. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Noah was going to be here today. Are you okay with that? You guys seem to be okay around each other now, right?" She had a worried look on her face.

"Of course, it's fine. I knew there was a possibility he would be here, now that he lives in town, but we're really okay these days." We're more than okay and I really want to tell June that but Noah was pretty insistent that we wait until everyone was together.

"Oh, good. I saw how surprised you looked when you walked in and I know how hard it was for both of you for a while there. I'm just so happy that you aren't avoiding each other anymore, I love having everyone here for the holidays!"