A Turn Of Events

Kaneki's P.O.V

The wind blew fiercely about him on top of the shabby building which looked as if it would collapse in any moment.He had lifted the phone to his ear, barely moving an inch, scarcely able to breathe when his phone rang. He then lowered his phone and slipped it into his pocket without a word, still staring out of the window like he did an hour ago, staring blankly at the landscape of destroyed buildings and dilapidated ruins. A sudden wave of nausea overcame him and he leaned forward, grabbing the railing for support, gasping for air.

************

Uta's P.O.V

He crouched on the landing, safely hidden in the shadow, concentrating on the entrance to the warehouse. He knew that his plan would work; the sheer amount of effort he put in is exhausting in such a otherwise simple and straightforward planned. And part of his confidence came from his understanding of Kaneki's nature, selfless and so sickeningly noble. He knew that Kaneki would not alert anyone but came for Hideyoshi himself, he would have gladly exchanged himself for his friend, that fool.

But that was before he went to Helter Skelter Bar at 14th Ward, before he came to know about Kaneki's supposed change into an evil and cruel monster.

Uta licked a pink eyeball he is snacking on, eyes still intent on the entrance of the warehouse, occasionally flicking away flies. He hoped Kaneki-kun will hurry up; the blondie boy was starting to attract annoying flies.

Unfortunately, he is starting to get really hungry. But if blondie boy is attracting flies, he don't want it anymore. Uta is starting to become a quite picky eater. Dead human is acceptable; a rotting, fly-attracting body is not.

On the other hand, Uta was purposely starving himself ; a ghoul fight better when he was hungry, though not starving. 

Just then, the heavy rusting door of the old warehouse creaked open, and Kaneki walked in slowly. Gone had the cute, bowl-cut jet-black hair, but replaced with a wilder, white hair. It was a shame, really, Uta had liked the kawaii hairstyle.But what changed most is the expression in his eyes. He no longer had the huge, innocent trusting eyes but a melancholic and wary look which seemed haunting and distant.

He spotted the limp figure tied up in the chair and run towards it. The blond hair was dirty and matted with dried blood, the dark red blood trailing from the top of the head is pooling beneath the chair; a number of flies was circling the body. The smell of rotting flesh nearly made Kaneki gag.

It was so apparent that he was very dead; Hideyoshi's favorite cap is on the floor soaking up the drying blood.

Kaneki's blood run cold in his vein and his heart stopped beating. He felt as if he was falling down in an endless space, down and down plunging into nothingness.

He took a small step toward Hideyoshi and tenderly touch his dead face, and was enraged to see the severed wounds on the neck which was brutally chopped in half, separating the head and the body. The lifeless, severed head flopped to aside when touched and rolled onto the floor while Kaneki stared at it in shock.

It was not the head of Nagachika Hideyoshi.

Uta took advantage of Kaneki's momentarily immobilization due to his shock and swiftly leap lightly on top of him, delivering a strong blow on the back of his head, just strong enough to knock Kaneki out cold.

Neat.

After that, he gently picked up Kaneki and stuff him in an overlarge travel duffle bag and deposited him safely in the storeroom of his shop. He was just locking up his store, meaning to find Akira before handing his new package to Tsukiyama when Renji Yomo appeared, summoning him to Anteiku.

His world turned upside down when he heard that Akira had been taken by Tsukiyama.

And that's when everything changed.

XOXOXOXO

I GUESS EVERYONE KNEW WHAT KAWAII IS!

NO PRIZE FOR THOSE WHO GUESSED RIGHT!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!
~ AND NEW, JUICY CHAPTER WILL BE READY EVEN FASTER IN THIS BUSY FESTIVE SEASON!

YES, BRIBING IS THE NEW 'IN' NOW.

ANTI-BRIBERY DEPARTMENT, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, I'LL BE WAITING IN GHOUL RESTAURANT. CIAO~!