No Time For Regrets

Uta's Third Person P.O.V

She clunged to him as if her whole life depended on it, while he was frozen in shock. While waiting for her tears to subside, he defrosted his left arm and patted her back gently, feeling her racking chest as she cried out for what seemed like a lifetime of pain and sorrow.

He thought she would cry for an eternity but she gave a final sob and gradually calmed down with occasional hiccups, making her even more adorable. Still gripping his clothes in her small fist, her breath became easier by the second, and slowly she fell asleep.

Uta felt a rush of overwhelming tenderness for this small and vunerable girl curling like a kitten against him.

"Uta-san...."

He looked down at her, she was muttering in her sleep.

Her sudden breakdown seemed to melt away any edge she had for him, as well as her illusional fear of him. A part of him felt that there is more to her that this precious fragile facade of timid girl.

He was no closer to uncovering the background of her than discovering the end of universe, but he was worried that the truth will break the already fragile bond between them. He was using every ounce of his energy to build their relationship and finding out anything that might destroy it is the last thing he wanted. He had a feeling that he himself will be destroyed without the companion and affection of this girl, so much that he is willing to build an illusion of a harmless girl around her and ignore the tell-tale signs of danger.

Had he really become so desperate for her?

**~**~**~**

The kitten started to unfurl herself like a blossoming petal of a delicate flower and yawned hugely.

She stared at him blankly and gasped suddenly, recalling last night's emotional break down. Her face immediately suffused in red; she was so adorable Uta immediately responded by hugging her tight and kissing her all over her face, carefully avoiding her lips. This ploy worked for she went even redder but did not protest at his sudden outburst of affection. He snuggled close to her and she yawned again, rubbing her eyes in a child-like way.

He shadowed her journey to her new school and saw her blush shyly at an outrageously handsome creature. No, not creature. Teacher. Uta felt a rush of dislike and hatred towards the good looking bastard. Maybe he could paid this particular teacher a special visit. Good looking people always tasted good anyway.

And then he went back to his shop with a speed faster than an average runner, a speed which would put a Lamborghini to shame. He was late enough already, dawdling along with the girl.

His girl, a triumphant voice in his head sounded. But his mind flashed to the handsome teacher and the mental euphoria vanished in an instant.

Just as he was stepping into the dim shop, he caught a scent of an intruder.
Ghoul.

He growled inwardly. There would be hell later; he could smelt it along with Tsukiyama's scent.

"What do you want?", he spoke into the darkness.

"Why, you are late my friend."

Even in the dark he could clearly see the outline of Gourmet as he stood up from the stool.

"I can never recalled a time where you were late to open your shop."

Tsukiyama Shuu, or otherwise known a s Gourmet, was dressed in a flamboyantly bright suit adorned with neon pink and orange splashes. He slowly advanced toward Uta and leaned in him, a little too close for comfort. Uta will not allow a silly and pompous fool to intimidate him and stood his ground. Tsukiyama sniffed the air and laughed a bit too gaily for his liking.