The Threats for Kanou's Lab

There were a lot of 'Bangs' and the occasional "Oofs" coming from the consultation room when Touka was waiting outside. Half an hour later, Akihiro Kanou agreed to treat the new patient with utmost attention any doctor could give. After all, Uta made it clear that he should, for the sake of his life.

Their only disagreement was 'who'. Touka almost disagreed to all, and Uta disagreed to all without even thinking twice. Despite the doctor's careful explanation that there must be a ghoul to be sacrificed, or there will be nothing to work on, all of them remained hesitant.

The only important organ that was needed urgently for her to survive after being pierced by a ghouls kakuja is a heart, because that was the only thing that was damaged by Gourmet's koukaku. But since it was a ghoul's organ that was needed, they could not find a ghoul deemed 'suitable' enough for her.

"It's...It's just a heart, Uta-san.",whispered Touka.

"No.", he said. "Look at what it did to Kaneki. The identity of the ghoul is important. It would be a big influence to her later on."

Touka sighed and rubbed her temples. "The more time we spent arguing here, the weaker she is. She is missing a heart. They need to work immediately."

Uta was silent, contemplating the answers. He knew she was right. The girl was dead, but could be reawaken if her blood is still flowing and her brain is still functioning. But every minute wasted meant they had less chance for the operation to be successful. Her life nows hangs in their hands while leaning on the support of artificial computerized heart.

At last, he asked,"Who do we have?"

Nurse Taguchi answered his question." Rize Kamishiro and... Yamori."

Uta clenched his fist. "Never."

"Th-There was... Tsukiyama." said Touka.

The idea was so ridiculous that Uta nearly laughed. In the end, Uta suggested Ryoko Feuguchi. 

But Touka was beyond angry.

"What would Hinami thinks?!", she protested maddeningly."Besides, her body would surely be in CCG Ward, or made into a quinque!"

So that was the end of Uta's only suggestions.

Suddenly, Touka whipped around and gasped. The figure behind them just arrived, but his appearence was was still suprising, especially in times like this.

Kaneki was standing behind them, holding a long yellow quinque that belonged to Akira. He handed it over to Uta and said,"Quinx."

DUNN DUNN DUNN DUNNN

Bet you didn't see that coming!

Sorry if it was short. But I'll update soon. Soonest!