Trouble in Anteiku

The weather was mild when I went to find Touka at Anteiku. Her textbook that I had borrowed from her is in my bag, meaning to be passed to her later on.

When I stepped inside Anteiku, I can sense something wrong. Everything seems alright, the cafe being calm and airy like always, but the fact that Touka, Kaneki, Yoshimura and Nishiki huddled at the counter, whispering and gesturing avidy. I was surprised to see a tall and well built man wearing a grey overcoat with a collar that covers the lower half of his face.

I had only seen him once in Anteiku. His face looks like it is carved from a stone, rigid and fierce. Yet he also looks quite dashing.

Now, all of them wore a worried and harrased expression on thier face. Had something bad happened to Anteiku? The place seemed fine and pacificatory. Other than thier distraught expression, everything seems in perfect order. I went inside and find a place to sit, a small table beside the glass pane window. Touka noticed me and broke off her conversation abruptly and went up to me.

"Akira-chan! Hello, nice to see you. What do you want today?" Touka smiles as she takes my order. Is it my imagination or is her face more pinched than usual? "I'll just have a cup of coffee, thank you. No milk or sugar, like the usual." I reached for my book and say, " Actually, I also want to return your book. Thank you so much, Touka-chan"

She went away to make my coffee as I sneakily eavesdrop on Kaneki and other's conversation.

"...No. We need to..."

"... But he is dangerous.."

".. He alone..."

"... Gourmet..."

"Impossible! Kaneki..."

By the time my coffee arrive, I had found out about all the harass. Apparently, there is a guy who wants to cook a gourmet feast alone. Did Kaneki suddenly became a gourmet chef? But I don't know how is that suppose to be dangerous and pose any threat for Anteiku. Are they entering a cooking competition?

I put on a concerned smile as Touka arrived with my coffee. "Is everything alright, Touka? You seemed to be... preoccupied with something."

"What? Oh, no. I am fine"

"Are you guys enetering a cooking competition?"

"What?" She seemed taken aback by my question. "No, we're not. How's the coffee?"

I have a distinct impression that she is trying to change the subject, so I keep quiet about it. She went back to serving other customers while Kaneki and his group dissapeared through the back door.

After a while, she came and sit opposite me. "So, I gathered you went to see Uta to make a mask?"

"Oh.. Yes. Yes I did." The murky memory of the scary mask studio and it's maskmaker send shivers down my spine. "How was it?"

"Fine!" But not the mask maker himself...

Touka sees the expression on my face and laughed. "Don't worry. Not many people warmed up to Uta. He did look intimidating but he is a nice person."

I did not know that

"Did he bully you? No? Then why do you look nervous when I said his name?" Touka teased me. I can't bring myself to admit I am frightened of him. "He is a gentle person, really," she continued, "But no one really knows what he is. He is very quiet and keep to himself. Maybe Yomo does. He is Uta's best friend."

"Yomo?" I asked. "He is the guy standing there"she gestured to the tall beefy guy standing at the counter. He catches my eye and give me a good glare. I blushed and quickly turned away.

After the small chat, Touka leaves me alone again. I took out a novel and started reading. One of my favorite pastime is reading, and Anteiku provided the perfect atmosphere for me. I have been coming here since a year agao, when I found out that Touka work as a waitress here. She is my best friend ever since she sat next to me in class. Which says something since I don't have much friend at school. I prefer to dissapear in the background since I can't manage to hold a conversation. I also tend to avoid Nishiki because, well... he is the school's bad boy and I don't want to be his next bully target. Naturally, whoever sits next to me shall be my only friend. Halfway through the novel, the cafe door opened to reveal a tall and heavily tattooed man.

Third chapter! whoop whoop!

What is the members of Anteiku so worried about? Is it about gourmet? Do you think Akira should nose into Anteiku's affair? and what about Uta's appearance at Anteiku?

Yomo is here! *applause~

Anyway, as ever, read and enjoy the story! please vote and comment any thought you have

xoxoxoxo

Leon kara