Chapter Two

Vanessa's POV

    Mom said " oh my I forgot to decorate your room," I said " don't worry I can sleep in the living room." Mom said " no you can sleep in the guest room," I said " can I go over there," mom said " sure." Alice showed me where the guest room is and Alice handed my suitcase. Alice said " were going shopping tomorrow and I won't take no as an answer," I said " fine," she left and I closed the door. I open my suitcase and changed into dark gray sweats, gray hoodie, and the same socks. I grab my dairy and started writing.

       Dear Diary,
           Today is my birthday and I'm turning 17 by myself. I got adopted and my new family their amazing and nice. They don't know today is my birthday, I don't want them to celebrate it. I just want to celebrate my birthday by myself. Anyway, tomorrow my new sister Alice and I are going shopping. Wish me luck! Bye for now.

                                Love,
                               Vanessa

Vanessa's POV

I closed my diary and put it into the bed side table. I grab my book The Death Cure by James Dashner. I finished the first book The Maze Runner and the second book The Scorch Trials and now I'm reading the third one. I'm just waiting for The Scorch Trials movie in September 18, 2015. I open my book to page 109 and start reading.

Knock

Knock

Knock

Vanessa's POV

      I groaned because someone interrupted my reading time. I said " who is it," the person said " it's Paul." I close my book and went to the door and open it and see it was Paul. I said " can I help you," He said " can I come in," I said " ugh fine." I let him stepped inside and He went to sit down in my bed. He said " I know this book," he was holding my baby (the book). I snatched my book away from him and I said " touched. My. Book. You. Die," He touched my book and he said " oh I'm scared," in a sarcastic voice. I put my book down into the desk and I race up to Paul and now I was in top of him. I said " next time you will be scared," I got up from him but he pulled me back down. I was now laying next to him, his hands around my waist while I rested my head into his chest. I can hear his heart thumping. I said " you know what's today," he said " yes Valentine's Day," I said " and it's my birthday," he said " really? You were born on Valentine's Day," I said " yeah," he said " how old are you," I said " I'm 17 just turn today," he said " does Esme and the others know," I said " no." I snuggle close to him and he was warm, I said " how old are you?" He said " 18, are you in school," I said " not anymore what about you?" He said " graduated." I look at him and we were now staring at each other until his lips were on my lips. I pulled away and I see hurt on his eyes, I said " I'm sorry Paul," I got up and walked downstairs and went outside and into the woods. I walked to the woods and finally stopped and let my back relax against the tree. I sat down, my back against the tree and I brought my knees to my chest. Why did I kissed Paul? I don't want another relationship. Last time, I used to have a boyfriend but we broke up because I saw him cheated on me.

* Flashbacks *

I was walking through the empty streets of Forks going back to the Foster Home. That's when I see my boyfriend Max kissing another girl. He was pinning the girl into the wall of a store and they were making out. I started crying and ran to the Foster Home.

* End Of Flashbacks *

Vanessa's POV

           I got up and I just noticed that I had tears. I quickly wiped them away and walked back home, I'm sure mom is worried.