The old days

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
And the dream that you dare to
Oh, why, oh why can't I?
-------
Somewhere over the rainbow by Irael Kamakawiwo'olr

--

-
His life revolved around her like the planets resolve around the sun. And he would miss her how the moon would miss the earth. She is his little star.
-

*months before*

lemons, it smells like lemons Norma thought to herself as she laid on the grass before the black lake.

The waves were small but big enough to make small noises against the sand. They calmed here every nerve as the sun started to set In The distance.

The far, far Distance. Where it was probably silent and peaceful.

Norma would often think about a fictional family that would fly around jumping from stars holding hands with smiles on their faces and laughter like a song when one would trip trying to catch up.

Norma closed her eyes and hummed to the tune of her mother's favorite song. Her mother would listen to the song for hours on repeat in the kitchen as she did the dishes.

Oh, how she wishes for times to be easier. Back to when her mother and father would play tag in the yard for hours, just giggling about anything and everything.

She remembers waking up one Christmas Eve and putting on her morning dress that was a little too big considering it was her mother's; her tiny feet made their way down the stairs and into the kitchen to where she found them lifeless.

She remembers shaking her mother while telling her to wake up and to her father the same.

She was only in her first year at Hogwarts when that happened; she was now in her sixth year and lived with her grandmother.

Her grandfather had died in her third year- just four years ago; the house seemed quite without his laugh. Her grandmother would always blame it on herself because she took him to a muggle hospital instead of st. Mungo.

He apparently had a liver failure that killed him- there was nothing they could do.

He would take her to the beach and play soccer with her every Sunday morning with the cool morning air breezing smooth past.

How she missed the old days.

Fred Weasley came up from behind her, trying not to startle. The wind was picking up, and if it weren't for his short pony tale, his ginger hair would have been a mess then.

"What are you humming?" Fred stood over her causing her to jump.

She and Fred never hung out, let alone talked.

The sorting hat in her first year said she would thrive in Slytherin since she was a pureblood and was cunning, but her mother was a Hufflepuff, and her father was a Ravenclaw, she wanted to follow in their footsteps.

"it's a muggle song," she explained, her eyes still closed.

"What is it called" he sat crouched beside her.

"Somewhere over the rainbow," her headphones hung around her head with the music low enough so she could hear people talking to her but high enough to drown in the music.

"What's that on your head" Fred pointed out.

She giggled and opened her eyes before answering, "it's headphones" it was clear to her that he had no clue what she was talking about. "Here" she sat up and placed the headphones onto his head.

"Where is the music coming from," he said after a minute of listening. "My phone...my grandfather, got it for me; it's a muggle device."

He hummed in response before putting them back on her head. Norma didn't know why Fred decided to talk to her, but it was nice to have someone to talk to finally.

The truth was that Fred had liked Norma since she arrived at Hogwarts.

And to His disappointment, They never really talked to each other. Only head nods of acknowledgment.

Little did they know that soon that would all change

--
Thanks for reading (go check out my other story memory book