Legendary event

And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
-------------
Skinny Love by Bon Iver

-

-

*8 months before*

"Hogwarts has been chosen to take place in a legendary event! The tri-wizard-tournament" Norma couldn't care less about how legendary it was. She just wanted to know if she could participate.

"You can only take part if you're a sixth year!" The minister of magic added for Dumbledore.

Norma let out a breath she never knew she was holding out when she released that she could do it.

Fred watched her from across the great hall, wanting to know what was going through her head.

Did she want to take part- did she want to risk it? Something in him wanted to protect her from harm even though the only thing he knew about her was that she listened to muggle music and she sits by the lake.

Dear grandma,

Hogwarts is hosting a "legendary" event called the Triwizard torment, and I was thinking of putting my name in the cup.

I need some risk in my life.

I promise I will be careful- and this is not me asking; it's me telling you.

I'm tired of always tying my shoes before I run. I need risk.

I need to fall.

Love, Norma.

She put her quill down and let her owl take off.

She wanted to live. She loved life. And all Mother Nature had to offer her.

On the other hand, Fred hated life; he just wanted someone to talk to, love, hold, protect from 'monsters,' he wanted to die, but his mother promised him it would get better.

It never did.

It only got worse.

And he was supposed to be the happy Weasley.

Norma finished writing her name down on a piece of parchment and folded it as she walked out of the library.

"What are you doing, Norma" Fred questioned dragging her name out and putting his arm on her shoulder.

"I was going to put my name in the cup," she said confidently as he snaked an arm further around her shoulder.

"Not without me" he took his piece of parchment into to fingers lifting it for Norma to view.

"W-what you're really doing this to?"

"Of course, now hold my hand" Fred felt a little bold as he held his hand out and intertwined it with Normas and she gave him a weird look.

Everyone was crowded around the cup, waiting for someone brave enough to step up.

Norma and Fred surprised them when they came hand in hand and put their names in the cup.

Claps echoed through the hall as they giggled and walked off.

The only person who wasn't giggling or cheering was George Weasley; He features Fred. The Weasley red hair and freckles but a unique sense of humor shared with his other half.

He grabbed his bag, flinging it over his shoulder, and started towards the door. Hermione Granger blocked his way of leaving unintentionally. Her skin shining and dark brown curly hair flopping behind her.

She's been under a lot of stress recently so her nails are shorter and her hair is less tame

"Where are you going, George?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Nowhere I need to talk with Fred. I'll be back soon...I promise," he patted her on the head before sliding past her and following Fred.

"Bloody hell-" George pulled Fred into an empty classroom and pushed him against the wall.

"Are you mad!" Fred put his hands up in Defense while shouting at his brother.

"You're doing the tournament without me!"

"I told you I was joining"

"I thought you were joking!"

"Why would I joke about joining the tournament?"

"I- damn never really thought of that" George scratched his head.

"Idiot"