Lovely//lonely death by the Creek

-I tried to live in black and white but I'm so blue-

Norma sat next to Fred while McGonagall rambled about merlin knows what and flinch fixing an old music box.

She tuned in as soon as she heard, "the yule ball is, in fact... a dance" norma turned to the ginger hair boy making sure she heard her professor right and that she wasn't hallucinating.

"there's a dance?" norma said, whispering, "yes nor' maybe if you would pay-" "never call me that again" norma cut him off.

"what? 'nor' never call me that it's awful."

"fine...nor'"

-

Will you accompany me to the yule ball? Norma blushed at the letter before nodding, making him though his hands up in celebration. She would have never said no to him because she was slowly falling in love with him after all.

-

*a month later*

Norma walked down the stairs to the yule ball, where she met Fred. She was afraid she looked awful by how some people looked at her. was her hair a mess? Was her hair? Was she?

She played it cool the whole way down the stairs. She grabbed Fred's hand, and he led her into the ball.

The night of parting went by fast. Malfoy dancing with his date pansy, Hermine eyeing Ron from over Viktors shoulder, Fred and norma slow dancing in the corner even though it wasn't a slow song.

It was a good year at Hogwarts...

But it got ever better when Fred asked if she'd like to go back to his dorm.