the waters

*seven months before*

"studying the waters?" Fred said from behind norma "yes, actually, I heard from Cedric that the next task is in the black lake. . . so I'm reading up on it" Fred took the book out of her hands and began to read out loud.

"T.W.T. - how to escape merpeople vol.2; merpeople are sentient magical beasts that live underwater. They are found all over the world. Their customs and habits are mysterious. Though sometimes kindly, mermaids and mermen are usually dangerous to man. They sometimes lure mortals to death by drowning, as did the Lorelei of the Rhine, or entice young people to live with them underwater, as did the mermaid whose image is carved on a bench in the church; of; Zennor, Cornwall, England."

"so long story short, there not to mess with?" Norma groaned.

"yes...not to be messed with."

-

"you alright, Freddie?" George asked, sitting next to him in the common room.

"yes, I'm fine... just worried." Fred dropped his head into his hands, sighing.

"Mom's worried she sent me a note um... she's- ok she needs to speak with you."

"ok, I'll write later-" "no- she needs to speak with you in person right now."

-

Fred stepped out of the burrow's fireplace. "Fred Weasley! how dare you put your name in the cup without telling" Molly yelled, hitting him with a towel repeatedly as soon as he saw her.

"I was going to send a howler, but I figured I would save the embarrassment."

she looked at him for a good ten seconds before Fred made a joke: "it least I didn't steal the car-"

"Fred!"

He told molly everything about her. How he was slowly falling in love with someone who was a stranger to him for all of the years they were at Hogwarts, and of course, she was supportive because, after all, you can't control who you fall in love with. Molly explained to Fred how she and Arthur had fallen in love when they were in their last year of Hogwarts- shortly after getting married.

their love story was beginning as fast as it was ending