Part 11

"Cuz she's going to leave me", I said desperately, "every other man out there is better than me. I'm a wreck, dangerous."

"Are you listening to yourself?", he said shaking his head in disbelief, "bro, I've known her for more than ten years and she has never looked at someone the way she looks at you." He remained silent shortly.

"I don't know if she told you this since she's still hurting", he said looking at me, "she's been bullied in primary school and in high school for having extremely good grades. She has a very high IQ, she's probably a genius, but her classmates hated her for that. She was a wreck when Carly and I became friends with her."

"I didn't know that", I said shocked of how much she had to go through all this time and never said anything.

"Is that why she got kicked out of high school?", I asked trying to find the connection.

"After we became friends she was more accepted but whenever we weren't around they still kept tormenting her", he said lighting a cigarette, "she intentionally wrote worse grades hoping that it would help, but it didn't. And on her last day, the day of freedom for her, the worst bully of all ruined her graduation and she lost it. Understandably, if you ask me. That's why she was expelled."

"Why are you telling me this?", I asked finishing my drink.

"Because I'm trying to make it clear to you that she won't leave you", he answered pulling on his cigarette.

"After she met you she changed completely. She worked her a$$ off to get into college and was proud of writing good grades again. She became so good that the professors took notice of her outstanding accomplishments", he told me, "they offered her a place at the Newton university, you know what I'm talking about?"

I gulped, it was the most excellent college and only the best of the best got into this college. All that she kept from me.

"What I'm trying to say is", he said looking at me sharply, "she turned the offer down. She didn't want to go. Because of you."

I sighed rubbing my forehead and let myself fall back on the couch. I realised I messed up big time. "F*ck", I cursed knowing I just broke her heart.

"Bro, she's not going to leave you as long as you're there for her", he said.

"I need to make things right", I said wanting to get up but he held me back.

"You can't go back to the hospital right now, or rather I won't let you", Will said seriously, "she needs to heal first. Let her get some rest and when she returns to college, talk to her."

"Okay", I said taking a deep breath and finished my drink.

"And, man, if you mess up again, I'll have to kick your a$$", he said not joking, "no 'bros before h0es' with y/n."

Y/N's POV

You had to stay another week in the hospital until the doctor said you could leave. Your mother was there for you all the time helping you through the difficult healing process.

Will and Carly visited you as well cheering you up a little. Your body was slowly healing but your heart was still bleeding.

But you weren't mad at Taehyung, at all, which surprised you a bit. On the contrary, you understood him and why he acted this way. You had already forgiven him, but your heart was broken anyway.

You were glad that you were finally discharged from the hospital and could return to college.

It would give you less time to overthink and get back to studying with your friends.

You still had to wear an arm sling since the fracture wasn't completely healed yet and a back protector which helped supporting your spine which was weakened because of the crash. But at least you could walk by yourself with crooks because your ankle was smashed in the accident.

Your mum dropped you off at college and you walked towards the building. You were greeted by Carly who ran happily towards you throwing her arms around you.

"You're back", she said squeezing you which made you flinch in pain.

"Too tight", you gasped and she immediately let go.

"I'm sorry, Y/N", she said worried.

"It's okay", you said giving her a reassuring smile. "Shall we go inside?", she asked  and you nodded.

You walked into the building and froze when you noticed Taehyung coming towards you. The memories of the accident came flashing back in front of your inner eye and your breath hitched.

You were screaming. Tires screeching on the asphalt. The tree came closer and you heard the sound of breaking glass.

"Hey, Y/N, are you okay?", Carly asked making you snap out of your thoughts.

"Yea, I'm fine", you quickly said and calmed down your breath. You didn't expect that Taehyung would recall the shock of the accident just by looking at him.

"Hi", Taehyung said as he reached you and asked, "how are you?"

"I'm better", you said giving him a small smile trying to hide your pain. You thought he'd avoid you and not talk to you, but you liked it more this way.

"That's good", he said and you could see that he wasn't comfortable.

"Guys, class starts in five", Carly said looking at her watch and you nodded.

"Y/N, can we talk later?", Taehyung asked before you left.

"Sure", you said nodding, "you can meet me here."

He nodded and you parted your ways, everyone going to their individual class. But you couldn't concentrate at all, your thoughts were constantly wandering off.

You couldn't await the end of classes and see what Taehyung had to say to you. Maybe he was going to apologise. But in the back of your head, there was the thing your mother suggested on your mind.

Your class ended earlier so you had to wait for him. The students streamed out of the lecture halls and you already felt tired after such a long day. You felt a hand on your waist sending shivers down your spine.

"Hi", Taehyung said and you turned around with a smile.

"Hey", you said. You walked to the small park of your campus and sat down on a bench since you couldn't stand.

"I come straight to the point", he said looking into your eyes, "I'm sorry for the things I said to you, I didn't mean them. I..."